1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Net10

Discussion in 'PRE-PAID Cell Phone Companies and Plans' started by neh, Jul 29, 2006.

1. neh

neh Member

I have three questions about Net10. Just answer the ones you know.

1. Who's network does Net10 use in New Jersey?

2. Does Net10 roam on other networks?

3. If Yes, which networks does Net10 roam on?

2. neh

neh Member

Does anyone know?

3. storkus

storkus Junior Member

1. AFAIK, Net10 uses Cingular throughout the entire country. Their phones are
    GSM and their network matches the native Cingular map.

2. AFAIK, it's like most MVNO's, which means no. :(

3. N/A

Mike

4. Quint101

Quint101 THE (Samsung) Beast

Net10 prefers Cingular but it uses other GSM carriers acorss the country; the coverage map Net10 uses is the same as Cingular postpaid-- which includes other carriers (like TMobile, alltel, Unicel, Cellular One). Using this reasoning, Net10 would likely use Cingular in NJ... (I entered a Trenton, NJ and a Atlantic City ZIP and the maps generated matches Cingular Postpaid)

EDIT: I just plugged some (nonNJ) ZIPs and the maps change depending on the ZIP. I entered a Zip where GSM is provided by a "partner" and Net10 doesnt serve that area... another Zip gave a different map (it looked like a 1900 only map); so maybe TMobile (or Suncom in my case) provides coverage in the ZIP in my case.... I stated this just to say that Cingular (+Partners) is not always the company that provides the GSM (although it is in most cases)

Edit: Net10 provided by T-Mobile plus partners: map

Net10 provided by Cingular or other (plus partners): map

Last edited: Sep 14, 2006