1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Navajo Reservation

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by SAF, Oct 3, 2003.

1. SAF

SAF New Member

HELP! I am trying to find a cellular phone service that will work on the Navajo Reservation in Arizona. Will be working in Ganado AZ for three years and need cellular phone.

2. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Well, you best bet would be to contact providers and ask them, they should know
    or ask other people that work there.
    Hope that helped,
    Andy

3. SAF

SAF New Member

Andy, thank you for the advise. Most likely I am in error, but do not trust providers of service to be entirely honest about reception in Ganado. Will ask the locals when I get there which is a good idea. Have a great week. Sharon

4. BillRadio

BillRadio Wireless Consultant Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint
    Sharon,
    Without question, Cellular One of NE Arizona is the best carrier in the area. They are locally operated, although some of the owners are in the East. They are still adding towers, and are adding GSM to their sites. However, coverage is not 100%, but C-1 has by far the most. I believe AT&T (TDMA) phones roam on C-1 there, but I cannot verifiy that.

Even when traveling north of Taos, NM, through the Rio Grande valley, and I lose Verizon service, my phone accesses C-1/NE AZ from over 100 miles away!

-Bill