1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorola Phone Tools doesn't work with RAZR V3m?

Discussion in 'MOTOROLA' started by PrnceCharmn, Aug 7, 2006.

1. PrnceCharmn

PrnceCharmn New Member

I just downloaded Motorola Phone Tools (4.0 I believe) and it doesn't work with my phone. Even after updating the Phone Tools "phone list" my phone is not detected by it. I already own a cable to connect it to my computer, it came with my phone.

Two great people responded quickly to my last information inquiry and I'm hoping that I will get an equally prompt response to this. The reason I wanted to use Motorola Phone Tools was to quickly add 400+ contacts from my old phone to my new one.

It will not be fun to do it any other way. Thanks for any help.

2. CharlieMay

CharlieMay New Member

When it informs you that it doesn't find the phone It will ask if you want to check for updates, click no, it will then ask if you want to set up the phone manually, click yes, select the Motorola USB Modem, click next and then select Motorola CDMA and in the list select Motorola V3cm.

This was out of memory but I think it's pretty close. Just did it myself yesterday

Hope this helps

3. Cincyball

Cincyball Issss a niiiiice. High 5!

Charlie, I think you are thinkin of BitPim.
    Prnce is talking about MPT. MPT should work out of the box for your calendar and contacts. If you do some simple seem edits, you can use the MultiMedia too

4. zartan

zartan New Member

make sure u have the mpt 4.21, also read the sticky starting on page #13 of the cdma Motorola v3c and v3m

5. paddyb270

paddyb270 New Member

Hey. I did the SEEM changes that i needed to do to use MPT. What do i need to do within MPT to make the media center work?

and

Do i need to use MPT 4.21? or can i use 4.0? if i have to use 4.21 where can i get it?

6. Cincyball

Keep updating mPT til u cant any more. It only updates 1 version at a time. It doesnt automaticcaly jump to the newest update.

Once u have MPT 4.21a, and have done the 2 SEEM edits required (USB Transfer, Phone ID String to v3mm), when u connect to MPT, it will automatically recognize ur phone as v3mm and it will allow u to use the multimedia functions.

7. paddyb270

paddyb270 New Member

I think i know what the USB transfer seem is, but what is the phone ID string to v3mm seem?

MPT is finding my phone now, but there is no media center icon to click

8. Cincyball

Ok, this is from Mark Ventura's site. I had same prob as you. I got my phone connected to MPT, but i had no Multimedia Icon. This seem edit below will chnage your phone from v3m to v3mM (where the last M stands for multimedia option)

Phone ID String Edit for MPT... Thanks to Raalph253 and the New Seem found thread.... Doing this seem edit adds the missing "M" to the Identification string in the phone. Once completed, MPT's "auto-detection" of the phone will identify it as V3mM and MPT will be configured accordingly (i.e. show the Multimedia Studio Icon). NOTE: the Offset 6A Bit 0 seem edit (USB transfer) is still required to make the MultiMedia Studio feature of MPT actually work!!!

For the V3M this would be Seem 2827, Record 1, Bytes (h) 22, Offset 0006, "check the boxes" for bits 0-2-3-6 and "uncheck the boxes" for Bits 1-4-5-7

Once u do this and restart the phone, connect to MPT and it will automaqtically recognize it as v3mm, and u will be allllset :D

9. paddyb270

paddyb270 New Member

Thank you very much! it works perfectly!

10. wcolton

wcolton New Member

This is amazing!!!! Everything posted here is the exact problem I have!!!
    I really excited to know that there is a resolution but I'm not as technically savy as Most here. I have MTP 4.12a but it doesn't have the multimedia function. I have a V3m. I don't know what SEEM means. Could someone give me a step by step SEEM for idiots. Thanks,

Wayne

11. Cincyball

Its not as amazing as it may seem (pun intended) ;) Verizon does this to all their phones, so anyone with a stock phone will experience these problems. I assume u have a usb cable? Have u installed the correct usb drivers? (if u did, ur phone will succesfully charge when connected to the comp). Let me know what u have done so far, and where exactly u are stuck, and what problems u have, give me a detailed list.

12. nKrypteD1

nKrypteD1 Software Architect

Yeah Verizon sucks for this, locking off features so you have to go through get it now, one of the main reasons I went with cingular.

13. wcolton

wcolton New Member

When I got to version 4.21a and saw no multimedia tool I just deleated and gave it up. (What a wus). I will have to reinstall the older versions and update myself back to the new version. It will take a few days since I have a dial up connection and it takes hours to do this.(I'm still in the stone age). My phone does charge on the USB. I did something right. Thanks for the contact and info. Can I contact you off the thread when I get the software installed? Thanks very very much.

14. Cincyball

Contact here is better, that way if we walk you thru your problem, and it is posted here, it may help someone else out in the future.

15. wcolton

wcolton New Member

A shout out to Cincyball,

Hello again,
    Just to review: Verizon customer, I have updated MPT to 4.21a. It recognizes my V3m however I don't have the media icon. The only thing i really want to be able to do is make ringtones. I'm not familiar with SEEMing and I assume the term "BRICK"ing means you run the risk of turning your phone into a perminant paperweight. I'm a little nervious however you and others here SEEM(Pun intended) knowledgable and confident. You have said that settings can be saved and restored in the event of a meltdown? I would want to do this. Can you help me with this step by step? Is there a time today or tonight or tomorrow that you will be on the thread so we can try this?
    Thanks, Wayne

16. Cincyball

Tonight would be fine. I can be on the thread at 8pm our time (EST). Its a date, lol :p

17. wcolton

wcolton New Member

Hello Cincyball,

I'm on line now if you are.

18. Cincyball

whats up, im gonna pm u my sn, it will be more efficient I determined

19. wcolton

wcolton New Member

I'm not set up for IM. Can we do E-Mail?

20. Cincyball

Here will be fine then, what have u done so far?

21. wcolton

wcolton New Member

My quote from earlier

Just to review: Verizon customer, I have updated MPT to 4.21a. It recognizes my V3m however I don't have the media icon. The only thing i really want to be able to do is make ringtones. I'm not familiar with SEEMing and I assume the term "BRICK"ing means you run the risk of turning your phone into a perminant paperweight. I'm a little nervious however you and others here SEEM(Pun intended) knowledgable and confident. You have said that settings can be saved and restored in the event of a meltdown? I would want to do this. Can you help me with this step by step?

22. Cincyball

OK, so u can charge your phone on the usb port? And u have mpt 4.21a installed? And the last step we need to do is enable multimedia studio so u can add ringtones?

23. wcolton

wcolton New Member

You are correct sir!!!

24. Cincyball

ok. u need to download 2 programs.

1) MSU (Motorola software updater) this will get your phone into the correct mode to edit the seem files.

2) P2Kseem - this is what we will use to change the seem files.

here is a link to where u can download them... http://www.hacktherazr.com/downloads.html

Just download them, dont install them yet. Are u on dialup? It make take a little while if u are. They arent huge files. Let me know.

25. wcolton

wcolton New Member

Yeah, I'm dial up. I will down load those now. Thanks

26. wcolton

wcolton New Member

I'm about 10% downloaded on MSU, P2K was a zip file and downloaded quickly.

27. Cincyball

ok, ill keep checkin

28. wcolton

wcolton New Member

75% done, should be jut a few more minutes

29. wcolton

wcolton New Member

OK, both programs have benn downloaded, not installed.

30. Cincyball

k. plug in phone, make sure it is in as usb modem. then run and install MSU 1st. U will be prompted with a series of 3 or 4 drivers, choose automatic install for all of them. Once done, it should display a box and show your ESN # on the left hand side. Let me know when u get to that point.