1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

motorola h700 question -> not entering pairing mode

Discussion in 'MOTOROLA' started by raw4986, Jun 13, 2006.

1. raw4986

raw4986 Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Blackjack
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    i just got a h700 bluetooth headset and am trying to put it in the pairing mode... but it wont go there...

the instructions say to hold the call button and wait for the blue light to come on (approx 6-10 sec)... then i try to do that after about 4-6 seconds a lavender (purple maybe?) light comes on for about 5 seconds then turns off... if i continue to hold to call button in nothing happens... no blue light, no purple light, no sustained light of any color like the instructions say i'm supposed to have...

any ideas as to how to get it to go to the pairing mode?

the battery is fully charged (i have a green light when i'm plugged into the powersupply)

2. Critic

Critic The Digital Ruler Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Assuming the H700 operates like my H300 (and every other MOTO BT headset I've handled), all you have to do is start with the headset off and hold down the call button for about 15 seconds - the light will go from blinking to solid. Once the light is solid, the headset should be in pairing mode. Even if the H700 handles the notifications differently (it sounds like it might have more than one embedded LED), it should still function the same.

3. raw4986

raw4986 Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Blackjack
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    all i get is that short lavender light after about 5 seconds of holding the button call button in - the light will go off after about 5 seconds and then nothing else will happen as long i as i hold the button in

accodring to the instuctions, i'm supposed to get a solid blue light after 10 -15 seconds... but all i get is a short lavender light...

of course my instuction booklet also tells me that when i'm charging the headset a blue light will show up and then turn off when charging is complete (i get a solid green light when charging is complete)

is this a glitch in the headset?

4. dmoney31

dmoney31 New Member

This is not a glitch, what you actually need to do is hold down the button until it turns that purpilish color with the mic. closed in. As soon as it turns solid then flip open the mic. then it will stay in pairing mode and you should be able to bond it with your phone.:cool:

5. clharris

clharris New Member

I have the same problem. No matter how many times I hold the call button down with the boom closed, and then open the boom, my H700 will not enter pairing mode... HELP!!!

6. acejizhang

acejizhang New Member

Same here. I'm using the H700 with a Razr v3c. For about 2 seconds the phone found the h700, but after that, I have not even been able to get the purple light to stay on.

I have tried:

With the mic in the off position:
    Hold the talk button until the purple LED lights,

- Releasing the talk button, flipping the mic open
    - Flipping the mic open, releasing the talk button
    - Releasing and flipping simultaneously

I have also tried this with the mic in the on position.

None of this seems to work (keep the purple light on).

Anyone know if there's a fix or something we're doing incorrectly?

7. misterjay

misterjay New Member

I had the same problem and got it solved:

1. With the mic closed, press the call button and hold it for a few seconds.
    2. When the pink (or lavender) light comes on, open immediately the mic while the light is on. After you do this, the light will flash two times and then will remain steadily lit.
    3. Your headset will be now in pairing mode.

The main problem here is that the pairing instructions manual omits the "open-the-mic-after-the-light-turns-on detail". I've call to Motorola suppert line to report this mistake.

Good luck and enjoy.

8. Señor Pantalones

Señor Pantalones New Member

I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hero:

So everyone's been saying all you have to do is hold the button down till you get the purple, THEN flip out the boom and it will work. Yes and no. It will work for some people and won't work for others (like me). I was begining to think all the planets and stars would have to be alligned just right and I'd need a buddhist munk to bless the H700 before it will work.

But it turns out you just have to show it who's boss :)

Allright, here is the final explanation for why this very poorly constructed headset never seems to work: The F'n Flip out Boom!!!!! Like they all say. Hold the button ... Purple light ... THEEEEEEN .... not only flip out the boom. PUSH IT OUT!!!! Push it to the point where you nearly break it off (being very careful not to ACTUALLY do so, of course). The best way is to push up on the boom with your pointer finger from underneath (mic side) and down on the spot right next to the big button and hold it that way until it pairs.

It may take a few tries but eventully you should get it. this also explains why it worked for some and not for others cuz some people probably unintentionally pushed it out a little farther than others. You'll only have to do it once (just to pair it with your phone) then after that operation should be normal.

There that wasn't so hard. The MOTO H700 just needed a little tough lovin' thats all. It took me about 3 months to figure this out. Hope this helps everyone else out there who nearly through this thing out the window!

Love, Mr Pants

For the searchers( Motorolla H700 problem problems won't pair pairing purple light won't stay on )

9. zwerd328

zwerd328 New Member

If the headset does not go into pairing mode after flipping out the boom, then yes, the boom is probably faulty and it will not successfully turn on the unit. This is why the light will be purple after you hold the call button for a few seconds, and then it flashes blue and turns off when you flip open the boom.

Forcing the boom open might work some of the time, but I found a way that fixes my headset every time and does not require you to risk breaking the unit. With the "ear" side of the headset facing you and the boom flipped out, push down on the hinge of the boom where it connects to the ear piece. In my case, the hinge of my headset is loose and after applying slight pressure on it, the unit works normally. Note that you do not need to continually apply pressure to the hinge. Just push on it once and the unit should turn on like it's supposed to when the boom is flipped out.

Therefore, in order to pair the unit, hold down the call button with the boom closed until the purple light comes on. Then, flip open the boom and quickly press down on the hinge.

You must apply pressure on the hinge every time the boom is opened in order to turn the unit on. Once it is on, everything works great. Since I want the good quality of the headset without the faultiness of the boom, I've asked for a replacement unit. Until then, I'll just have to deal with it.

Hope this helps!

10. treemana

treemana New Member

Señor Pantalones and zwerd328 thanks for the tip. Manually pushing the boom mic out a little further did the trick!

I'm glad I found this thread. I was about to throw the #*@%!n headset out the window!

Thanks.

11. hailwillis

hailwillis New Member

Hey I know the correct way to pair your H700 with your phone without almost breaking the boom, you don't have to force push it at all or anything like that. First of all I recommend you all to go to hellomoto.com/bluetooth and click support that helped me. On the website you have to pick the exact phone that you are using. Well i had the Motorola Razr v3xx. And this what I had to do.

Starting with the phone, press the "Menu" button on the keypad.
    Scroll to and select "Settings.
    Scroll to and select "Connection."
    Select the "Bluetooth" icon.
    Scroll to and select "Setup."
    Select it to Power: On,"
    Scroll to "Audio Devices." but don’t hit select yet.
    Put down the phone and pick up the headset. Starting with the headset powered off, hold down the Call button for 1 to 5 seconds until the light is steadily lit in purple.
    With the light steadily lit, flip out the boom. The light should remain steadily lit in purple. If the light is flashing, or if the light starts flashing anytime prior to the last step, the headset is not in pairing mode, and this step and the previous step need to be repeated. Once you have the steady purple light Select "[Add audio Device]." The phone will start searching for Bluetooth enabled devices.
    Once the phone is finished searching, a list of one or more devices will appear underneath the heading "Scan Results." Select "Motorola [device name]."
    The next screen will read "Bond With Motorola [device name]." Select "Yes."
    The following screen will read "Enter Bluetooth Passkey." Enter 0000 and select "OK." A screen will appear confirming the pairing and connection. Since the pairing is complete, the light on the device will be flashing,

and that my friend is the correct way without breaking the darn thing.

12. HollyPocket87

HollyPocket87 New Member

Hi I have a similar problem but I cant get any light to come on it has a green light when you put the charger in to say its full but cant get any lavender light to get it to pair! I have tried to take it to a telstra shop to ask there help but they say its out of warrenty and they cant help! What do I do!:mad:

13. JonathonWhaley

JonathonWhaley New Member

If you've been having the problem of the purple light not staing on, the most likely reason is your headset is faulty:-

I had :mad: an H700 and it kept dropping the Bluetooth connection. I deleted the pairing and tried to re-pair (sic)
    I found I had the same Purple Light problem, not staying on.
    I then tried the physical abuse solution but no luck.
    I then started think further as to why the physical abuse solution should have worked in the first place and tried variations on the physical abuse.
    I found I COULD get the constant purple light on IF I sweezed the headset hinge on to the body of the headset AND continued to do so through the pairing process.
    This succeeded in pairing but the dropping of connection still happened UNLESS I squeezed the hinge and kept it squeezed. Any small movement of the boom would drop the connection.
    Obviously there is a problem with the proximity sensor or what ever method is used to sense an open boom.
    Out of warranty, In the bin.
    Now waiting for my Jawbone headset! :D

14. thats fresh

thats fresh New Member

yup.it worked. this is how you do it! ^^^^^

"0000" helped.

[ h700 motorola q MOTO sync ]

15. misu

misu New Member

Thanks! Very helpfull.

16. 1AFRICAN

1AFRICAN New Member

Thank You very much! You should be working for Motorola, but that would not work out well. The quality of your work is vastly superior to the quality of their product. Everything worked out exactly as you stated. Since this appears to be a common problem I would think they would have fixed it by now. I wonder is it a design flaw or just poor quality material and/or craftsmanship. Thank you again.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  17. ui guy

ui guy New Member

I tried all of the above, but with no luck. I contacted MOTO support, and they suggested that I charge the H700 (even though it had a charge) -- evidently plugging it in resets the headset. Anyway, after a full charge, the headset paired perfectly -- no jiggling, pulling, pushing necessary. Yay! :p

18. wedodirt

wedodirt New Member

just give it to your kids to figure out.
    the secret is not to release the call button when you open the boom
    first; reset the headset by charging for a minute or so
    second; get your phone ready to search for bluetooth devices
    third; hold down call button so light turns purple - DO NOT RELEASE
    fourth; open boom as soon as purple light comes on - you may have to dick around with holding boom open or pressing on boom hinge.
    fifth; now youve got two hands on your headset (one holding button the other holding boom), so use your little finger to hit search on your phone, enter 0000 for pairing code and your done!
    or you can save all these steps by just letting you kids do it

19. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    If you need to force the hinge of the boom open it's because the contact in the hinge switch inside the headset fell out of place. I had the same problem happen to me and I took the H700 apart and found the microswitch contact piece inside and carefully put it back where it belongs. After that, the headset worked as new. As stated earlier, this is due to poor construction of the headset.

20. edmonz

edmonz New Member

This is absolutely correct!!
    Have your phone ready first.
    Push the call button until the purple light comes on but do not release the button (The instructions are incorrect). Instead, open the boom when the purple light comes on while still holding down the call button. I have a Blackberry 7250 (yea, really old) and it paired and asked for the pairing code (0000). I was about to throw it away.

21. welchtima

welchtima New Member

Thank you very much hailwillis - that was great. The '0000' was one thing that had evaded me; lost the initial manual some time ago I guess.

Welchtima

22. vemorris76

vemorris76 New Member

Thank you dmoney31 it worked for me..I been trying this thing for months :loony:and was getting ready to toss it..Thanks you're a life saver...:cool:

23. epfreeland

epfreeland New Member

So I have tried all of this but I still can't even get the H700 to give me a purple light or any light for that matter. I've charged it, tried charging it for a minute to reset the H700 and still nothing. The only light I can get at all on the unit is the green light when it is charged. In fact when I originally opened the H700 for the first time and set to charge it, it immediately displayed a green light. I tried pairing it then without success so I charged it again for several hours. I've tried turning it on, no light, tried opening the boom and then holding the button, nothing. I've had an H700 in the past that worked well but this one won't do anything. Got this as a gift so I can't return it. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  24. vemorris76

vemorris76 New Member

Ok epfreeland this is what i had to do..it took me a minute but I got it. You have to close the bluetooth. Make sure its folded in. Then you press and hold the button on the outside. As soon as the light comes on you have to flip the bluetooth open without delay. I actually had to use both my hands to do it because you have to do it really fast. Once you flip it open the light will be flashing from i think from red to blue or red to purple. The bluetooth will then be in pairing mode. you can then use your phone to search for it. and it will go through the pairing process. I don't know why Motorola had to be so complicated but they succeeded with this one.

25. epfreeland

epfreeland New Member

Vemorris76 - Thanks for the advice. I've tried all of that prior to posting, I can't get the light on the outside to even come on. The only light I get is GREEN when it is hooked up to the charger, in fact when I first got the H700 and hooked it up to the charger the light was green. So the only color I have ever seen is Green. I've had one of these before and it worked okay, it won't do anything. I think the silly thing was bad from the get go....

26. jlux

jlux New Member

Wow, After reading all these comments, the only way I can Get it to work is to hold down on the hinge piece to get it to sync.

27. cejixman

cejixman New Member

This solution worked for me, thx!

28. fvickery

fvickery New Member

I am having this same problem but the color that comes on is pink instead of purple? Is that ok?

29. Archangel

Archangel New Member

My Phone:
    HTC Hero
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Thanks Zwerd328!! You were right. I finally got my 700 to pair up, I did just as you said and pushed down on the hinge.....and that took care of the problem.. Thanks again!:D

30. kauilani1

kauilani1 New Member

thank you sooooooo much!! I didnt know what i was doing wrong! I have a 8320 curve and i thought it was the phone but my bluetooth wouldn't stay in pairing mode. I did what you said and on the first try it worked hahahahha thank uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu guys!