1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mobile dialing shortcuts (esp. Verizon)

Discussion in 'Southern US Wireless Forum' started by Edge, Jan 22, 2003.

1. Edge

Edge New Member

OK, I have a question, I imagine that it only applies to other Verizon Wireless customers - where do you get a list of all of the shortcut numbers you can use on your phone? Here are the ones I currently know about:

*86 - Voice Mail (i.e. *VM)
    *226 - Customer Service (i.e. *BAM, as in Bell Atlantic Mobile (VZWs former name))
    *526 - Traffic Info (i.e. *JAM)
    #646 - Check Minutes Used (i.e. #MIN)
    #225 - Billing Balance (i.e. #BAL)
    *228 - Program Phone (including updating roaming information - not sure what the letters stand for, maybe CAT?)

What others are there? I figure there must be other ones that I am missing. Is there a list somewhere?

Thanks [​IMG]

2. jayc

jayc Bronze Senior Member

*611 for customer care... that's a start. [​IMG]

3. Edge

Edge New Member

Thanks for the addition...

Anyone else?

4. roamer1

roamer1 In Memoriam

*228 == ACT(ivate phone)

Other than #646 (check minutes used), #225 (check acct balance), *228 (program phone/get PRL updates), *86 (voicemail), #84 (Voice Gear, see http://www.voicegear.net/ for more info), *611/*711/*811 (all customer service), and 711 (NOT *711!) (Relay Service to call the hearing impaired or others using TTYs, see http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/dro/trs.html) which apply pretty much VZW-wide, most "speed dial" codes are market-specific.

Here in ATLANTA:

*368 (*DOT) - Traffic conditions/report problems/request HERO assistance on Atlanta freeways
    *477 (*GSP) - GA State Patrol - report drunk drivers, etc.

611 (NOT *611!) used to work to reach BellSouth landline repair, but quit working when VZW switched from Motorola to Nortel switches here. (Use 800-356-3094 instead...)

IIRC, a couple of radio and/or TV stations have free */# numbers to report news and so on, but many more are available with Cingular.

-SC