1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

micro SD card problems..help

Discussion in 'MOTOROLA' started by stallion009, Oct 29, 2006.

1. stallion009

stallion009 New Member

i just bought a 256 mb micro sd card for my razr. i load songs on the card from wmp10, in the sync window i see that theyre there. i put the card in my phone, go to my music, and the songs are nowhere to be found.

i can get songs from my pc to my card, but how do i get them from the card to the phone? :censored:

2. Cincyball

Cincyball Issss a niiiiice. High 5!

When you say u load songs on your card thru wmp10, do u have the card IN your phone? If so, WMP10 should automatically convert your music into .wma files. If you are putting them on your card whiloe it is NOT in ur phone, are u sure they are being converted to .wma? The Verizon media player wont play mp3.

3. Cincyball

Also, did you format your card on your phone 1st before adding any songs like everyone recommends?

4. stallion009

stallion009 New Member

i actually figured out how to do it with the card in the phone just now, but with the card not in the phone wmp10 still says the files are being converted but they don't show up, maybe they arent in the right format though - ill check again - thank you

5. nKrypteD1

nKrypteD1 Software Architect

Well I was a bit late in adding my contribution (basically said what was said above) so not to be redundant I removed that.

If I were you I would reformat with the phone and just add everything back via the phone that way all songs show, part of it I believe is the Windows Media Library methods. IE. it creats a library file, it being in the phone I believe gets a different library file.

6. Cincyball

Yea, you should format the card IN the phone as the phone will put the correct tree structure on the phone so that all your files will go to the correct locations.

7. Spartan1207

Spartan1207 New Member

:censored: OK well I got a question for all of you...I have a bunch of songs on my micro sd card and it has been working fine for the longest time. Just recently after i added a few more songs and then went back to my music or manage music my phone freezes up and restarts. I cant get to any of my music or even acces the manage music screen. When i take the card out i can go to manage music. Does anyone know what i can do to fix this, i dont care if i lose all my music, i can just put it back on, but can anyone help?? :confused:
    thank you!

8. polycat33

polycat33 Junior Member

If after formatting the card through your phone it still doesn't work, I'd suggest syncing through the phone. Do you have a connector cable for your phone? I found it's a LOT easier to do it that way, not all that switching around of the card and then finding the files don't work anyway. I had no problems whatsoever with my music and syncing with the phone directly.

9. wvfishman

wvfishman New Member

I cant find where to formart the card on the phone. Anyone help?
    I have looked and looked,, i have the print red one.
    I will keep looking...

10. Cincyball

It is going to be somewhere in a menu where u can view phone info such as ESN, S/W version, PRL, etc. Look for storage devices. It will list two, 1) Phone, 2) Transflash...click options and it should give u the option to format.

11. wvfishman

wvfishman New Member

Thanks,, now i have another problem

WHen i try to save something to my external chip thru MPT i get access denied to external memory. I can save to the phone itself.

Is it locked somewhere?

12. frilliesdaclaw

frilliesdaclaw New Member

how did you get the music onto the phone without taking the card out??

13. Cincyball

By using Windows Media Player 11. This is for the Verizon V3m only.

14. EmoHermit

EmoHermit New Member

Ok, so I have the phone (V3m) the micro SD card, the card reader, and the SD card formatted to my phone. I read in one of Cincyballs post to put the songs in the formatted folder (audio) and have done so. However, mr Razr refuses to read certain songs. Now since I've formatted he's reading some, but there are still three songs he refuses to acknowledge. Does anyone have a clue as to why?

15. Cincyball

It is probably because those songs have some sort of DRM protection. Orrr, the file name is too long. Prolly the former rather than the latter. If you purchase music from like iTunes, or anything similar, it will probably be protected, causing the phone to not want to play it. Can u think of anything those 3 have in common regarding what I mentioned?

16. EmoHermit

EmoHermit New Member

I renamed the three files, shortening them significantly. Now they're reading. I don't use Itunes, rather soulseek, and all three files weren't listed as being protected. So I'm going to chalk it up to the file length, even tho there were two other songs with much longer titles that were being read no problem. Thank you tho!

17. Cincyball

Cool, was it possible they contained special characters??? such as _* & @

18. violent22angel

violent22angel New Member

Hi. I recently bought a kingston micro sd card for my nokia fone and while i tried to format it from my phone... I can put it in my camera and it will work but i don't have much luck with my computer. When I use my card reader, it doesn't work, it asks if i want to have it formatted. Any advise? Do I need to return my card?