1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Message 24...anyone?

Discussion in 'AT&T Wireless Forum' started by GetWirelessLLCtech, May 1, 2007.

1. GetWirelessLLCtech

GetWirelessLLCtech New Member

I have a customer saying that their service works for about 2 weeks then all of a sudden on every outgoing call they get a message 24. Anyone know what message 24 deals with on the Cingular network?

2. TehJoE234797

TehJoE234797 Senior Member

Nah call CCARE and tell them you need to know what the RANN message about 24 means. Unless the customer's phone is doing it right now their's probably not a lot can be done. Just tell them to call customer service when the phone is doing it.

3. GetWirelessLLCtech

GetWirelessLLCtech New Member

I knew I had heard it before, its the message you get when you call someone who has not set up their voicemail, thats message 24.

4. TehJoE234797

If someone were getting a message with outgoing calls it's not going to have anything to do with their voicemail not being set up. Usually without going calls if they're having problems aking calls but can recieve them fine it's usually equipment issue. Sometimes it is network, but if it happens just occasionally I'd lean toward it being handset issue.. but you never know. Just have them call customer service next time it starts doing it.

5. NoLimit_05

NoLimit_05 New Member

I have never setup voicemail on My Cingular account because I hate voicemails but when my phone is called, it simply says "I'm sorry but the person you have called does not have voicemail setup yet.....Good Bye!!"

Nothing about any message numbers are included.

6. TehJoE234797

Yeh, but those are for incoming calls not outgoing but yeh I see alot of people who never set up their voicemail.

7. army1

army1 Banned

lets us know when you find out,i'm not getting it
    but if i ever do it would be nice to know what it meant.

8. NoLimit_05

NoLimit_05 New Member

I guess I should have added that I do make about an average of 20 to 30 outgoing calls per day and night and have never heard of this message. It almost sounds like it could be her local tower having troubles but since I haven't ever heard the message or anyone else getting it, I wouldn't know.