1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for the best service provider for Utah County

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by TennesseePilgram, Nov 18, 2002.

1. TennesseePilgram

TennesseePilgram New Member

My wife and I are looking to drop our land line phone and get two cell phones. Who is the best service provider in the Orem/Provo area and who has the the best shared minute rate plans.

2. BillRadio

BillRadio Wireless Consultant

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint
    TP,
    Ogden/Provo are served well by all carriers except Cricket. It really depends on where you go when you leave home. T-Mobile and Qwest both offer lots of minutes for a good price, and Qwest also has an Unlimited Minutes package. Qwest does not roam very far out of town, and T-Mobile is limited to town and the Interstates. Nextel may be overpriced for what you're doing, and their coveage is similar to T-Mobiles: No rural roaming. I'm not sure about Sprint PCS, lately.

For statewide coverage, Verizon and AT&T are tops. The difference between them is that an AT&T phone roams on other networks (Cellular One) when you leave the metro area. Make sure whichever phone you choose works everywhere you need it during its 'tryout' period.

With T-Mobile and Qwest, don't bother with a shared-minute plan. Otherwise, Verizon and AT&T go back and forth as to who has the best shared plan.

Get more Utah cellular info at:

Utah Cellular Reviews

Salt Lake City Wireless Ratings

-Bill

3. SodoMojo

SodoMojo Junior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung A670
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    In my expeince, I have found that Verizon is the best in Utah, coverage wise, and customer service wise. ATT TDMA is okay, but if you need good coverage, then you won't want their GSM, or T-Mobile, or Qwest, or Cricket, or Sprint. THink about it, why would T-Mobile, and Qwest be giving away so many minutes if their network was good? If they have a good network, they wouldn't have to give away the farm. I would recommend the V60i with Verizon, only $50 after rebate.

4. geckojohn

geckojohn New Member

Do they even have cell phones out in Utah??

5. NokiaKrazy

NokiaKrazy 2010. I'm still around

My Phone:
    Blackberry
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Yes there are cell phones in Utah!