1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

International calls question

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by aalsaqri, Jul 17, 2008.

1. aalsaqri

aalsaqri New Member

ok i was wondering if i had a basic Verizon family plan as in like 700 minutes, if i were to recieve international calls, would i be charged a fee, or like per minute, or would it just be deducted from my 700 available minutes??

2. Telekom

Telekom Bronze Senior Member

Received calls (at least if you're in your local area) are charged the same no matter where the calling party is calling from.

3. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

like Telecom said in your local area.......most companies maintain that policy but there's no guarantee especially with the smaller local carriers when youre roaming

4. low13

low13 New Member

In order to receive and send international calls you must contact Verizon and request I-dial (International Dialing) you can see the price for calls on their web page.

5. Quint101

Quint101 THE (Samsung) Beast

If you RECEIVE an international call while you are in the USA (or plan coverage area), nornal airtime rates apply and IDial is not needed to receive incoming international calls. I have received calls from Nigeria and I dont have the IDial feature. Airtime only applied to that call.

IDial is needed if you are going to make international calls.

6. M in LA

M in LA Gold Senior Member
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Just out of curiosity, Quint, depending on the time of day, does it take of of your weekend, or night allowance if you receive the call at that time? Or is there a set "cents" amount per minute on the call regardless of the time of day? Just want to make sure I completely understand how this works. :)

7. Quint101

Quint101 THE (Samsung) Beast

It depends on the time of day the call is received. There are no additional fees to receive an incoming international call... Calls received during peak times uses peak minutes; if you are out of minutes, then, of course, the overage rate applies. International calls received received during off peak times uses the off peak allowance. There aren't any extra fees to receive an international call.

Just make sure that you're in the USA or appropriate coverage area, and you'll be fine.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2008
  8. M in LA

M in LA Gold Senior Member
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Thanks Quint. That's exactly what I wanted to be sure of. :)