1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do I get my own Voicemail Access Number?

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by dshap, Jul 18, 2009.

1. dshap

dshap New Member

On AT&T and T-Mobile, I can dial the code *#62# and it will show me what number my phone forwards missed calls to. This is the phone number of my regional voicemail system. If you dial that number on some other phone, you can leave me a voicemail by typing in my phone number at the menu.

I'm trying to figure out how to get my voicemail system number for my Verizon account. I know that missed call forwarding can be SET by dialing *71 [number] on Verizon but I just don't know how to find what it's currently set to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Jackmiles2006

Jackmiles2006 New Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Curve 8330
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    You could just call your phone and press # when the Voicemail answers to remotely access it.

3. dshap

dshap New Member

Hey thanks for the reply. I actually need the backdoor number because I need to be able to leave voicemails to certain people without calling their phones. This is easy to do with AT&T and T-Mobile, just call the voicemail backdoor number, dial in their phone number, and you are instantly transferred to their voicemail. For some reason I can't figure out how to do this with Verizon.

If anyone can shed some light on what GotVoice is doing (i.e. how they get your backdoor number and or leave the voicemail), I'd appreciate it very much.

Thanks!

- dshap

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2009
  4. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member Senior Member

They likely have agreements with carriers that allow the carriers to place the messages in the VMboxes. GotVoice is likely not doing this; they likely just send the message along to the appropriate carrier who then posts it into VM.

I know of no "backdoor numbers" for VM.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2009
  5. racquetballer

racquetballer Junior Member Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX11000 enVĀ® TOUCH Ver
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW (Evil Empire) & Alltel
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Teleca Q7; Brew 3.1.5; U; en) 480X800 LGE VX11000 enVĀ® TOUCH)

Depends on where you live. My La Jolla, California service still has a backdoor access number. My Phoenix, Arizona service no longer has a backdoor access number since it was deactivated. Reports are that VZW is slowly deactivating backdoor access numbers. I had a link to a site that had all the backdoor numbers. I could search for it if you need it. Again, a lot of those numbers have been deactivated...

6. BillRadio

BillRadio Wireless Consultant Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint