1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help w/tracfone Ringtones!

Discussion in 'Apps ~ Ringtones ~ Games ~ Wallpapers ~ Mods' started by beachbabi28, Jun 28, 2006.

1. beachbabi28

beachbabi28 New Member

I need help, I am currently using a Motorola v170 with Tracfone and i don't have internet on my phone i have been trying to get ringtones and i am having no luck i have been viewing the threads and they say that you have a listing on the site with ringtones but i can't find them

I am trying to get ringtones through text messaging i can recieve links but i don't have internet on my phone or a cord to connect to my computer...am i out of luck or is there some way you can send an actual ringtone and not a link through a text message like Tracfone does. Help the tracfone ringtones are crap!

2. TheGrumpyPirate

TheGrumpyPirate New Member

I have the same phone, and the same problem. I'm not having as much problem with the ringtones as much as I am with the wallpaper. I want a new wallpaper, but it seems that the same problem occurs with that as it does with the ringtones. If you figure it out, you should hellp me out :lmao:

3. hot mama

hot mama New Member

I Also Have The Same Phone And The Same Problem.does Anyone Have Any Suggestion's?does Anyone Know Of Some Ringtone's For This Phone?if Anyone Find's Any Please Let Me Know. Thank's!

4. Sasuke328

Sasuke328 New Member

That link doesn't work :(! I need help 2! and i get the link and it says 2 klik it and ive tryd everything but...? confusedd... very much so... THe USB cord? Oh, and about the wallpaper...as u can probably c, it seems a little... 16-bitish (i really dont no wat it rlly is, but it duznt seem like it could support a real wallpaper) and same with mp3 ringtones: i need the polyphonic so if sum1 could help it would b great!!!

5. gubak

gubak Junior Member

The easyest way to put ringtones to your phone is the following:
    Download some ringtones from the net (with your PC), then connect your phone to your PC. After that just send the ringtones to your phone.

6. tirod

tirod New Member

Cord for the V170?

Two hookups on mine - earpiece, and charger. Unless something is hiding under a silicon plug. My old LG had a plug for a cable, but I see nothing similar for the V170.

I don't think it's cable ready. :D

7. Cooldown

Cooldown New Member

Sorry for reviving an old topic, but I also have a v170 and I'm curious about the cable people are talking about. Doing a search I've found USB cables that list the v170 model, but how would we use it? I don't see a connection on the phone.

8. hme83

hme83 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia E7, E70-2 & 6820
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    It does not appear to have a USB port per the specs at the Motorola website either. :(

9. leafsfan81

leafsfan81 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    ^ Spam?

Anyways, I'm not going to try and come across as someone that has all of the answers, but I'm going to lend some advice. The cable that you are possibly looking for pay connect to the charging port of the phone, and not a port specifically designed for USB. Examples of phones similar to this are LG's, Samsungs, etc.

This appears to be the cable that you are looking for.

As with most cables, the software that you would need to import ringtones and graphics would also have to be researched as the suppliers don't generally include them. Usually a Google search will pull up the necessary programs. Sometimes you can buy the cable with software & drivers on eBay.

10. Jason5126

Jason5126 New Member

I tried to put my phone straight into my computer but it won't let me put anything on it