1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dropping Verizon without penalty

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by boxerdogdakota, Jun 15, 2004.

1. boxerdogdakota

boxerdogdakota New Member

2. rich6880

rich6880 Senior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 3589i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Based upon many answers given in this and other forums, there are 2 possible ways

1) You get real lucky and diplomatic, and get connected to a very generous CS rep.

2) You can prove that the service has changed drastically, from the time you purchased the service, ie. tower damaged and not replaced, redirection of tower signal etc.

Thats about it, sorry.

3. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    You agreed to pay an early termination fee if you wanted to get out of your contract. Therefore, that's your end of the bargain. What you're asking for is basically if there's a way to change the contract terms to which you agreed in the first place, namely ending your contract without a fee. Unfortunately, there is no way to do that. A contract is a contract and it must be fulfilled.

4. Stupiud

Stupiud Yea, I can hear you now! Senior Member

My Phone:
    D2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    finally a voice of reason.

5. zamboni77

zamboni77 Supreme CadGuru Senior Member

My Phone:
    BB 8330
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon who else?
    Hey boxer,
    I am across the river in palmer twp...
    The reception will not work in this area because verizon blows everybody else out of the water...is it the ptt feature you want cause verizon has a phone for that and an lg model on the horizon

6. Jerseyphoneguy

Jerseyphoneguy Junior Member Junior Member

I successfully left Verizon without penalty because of bad reception in my neighborhood. I had to speak with about 10 different cs reps and make many phone calls, but finally got them to do an engineering study on my area and they determined it was a dead zone and that I could not use my phone. The whole process took about 2 weeks.

7. jones

jones Silver Senior Member Senior Member

just pay the penalty.

8. agentHibby

agentHibby Iowa Cellular Guru Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 6256i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    ILUVSOCAL,
    Have anyone got out of the ETF in your area??

9. mreg

mreg Junior Member Junior Member

My Phone:
    Audiovox CDM-9900
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I second that. It's an uphill battle, as it should be, to get out of the early termination fee that you agreed to pay. But if you can prove that Verizon is not providing service here they did before, you may have a shot.

10. brooklyn

brooklyn New Member

You can pray that they have some change in their Terms of Service, or any change in pricing. That usually leaves a temporary window open for you to cancel without paying a cancellation fee. Read your bills carefully and check their website often. Companies don't make these announcements stand out.

11. foster

foster New Member

Verizon vs. Nextel?..... eeesh.... stay where you are. Especially in New England.

But good luck!

12. merlyn

merlyn New Member

how 'bout if we've submitted affidavits (on verizon's own forms) from doctors treating our daughter for psychosis saying that she can't handle a phone? and the person at verizon asking for these forms and affidavits was saying 'of course we will be able to effect this cancellation without penalty) and then, three months later, having the account go to collection agency to collect the penalty fee.
    Anyone knowing of where to write for recourse? Pls cc reply to [email protected]
    Thanks
    robert

13. mtn-bike

mtn-bike New Member

My Phone:
    Moto v710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW.....Rrrrrrr
    I think they are required to let you out of your contract if you drop more than 5% of your calls (check the VZW section of WA), you're not the first one to want to do this but it needs to be legit (or close). I also remember reading that there was a website that advertised $50 to get you out of any contract.........but if it sounds too good to be true.....g/l

14. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy Senior Member

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Wow a 3 year old thread brought back to life.

15. merlyn

merlyn New Member

thread brought back to life: a symbol of the staying power of the customer base as well as that of verizon - I hope I'll get some leads from forum members as to how to successfully remove ourselves from collection (and the penalty) - there was a post in another forum about not worrying about going to collection - that V will drop it before it goes to court - but my wife is worried that the proceeding will hurt our credit rating. I'm thinking of leads within verizon or the advocacy network that Verizon pays attention to since our case is so strong.

16. njsvrzncdma

njsvrzncdma i cant stop the ringing.. Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    can i ask why you wanna go to such a bad service to begin with ? i cant stand that chirp everytime i hear it i wanna smash it. we use them at work and i turn my volume off and set it to vibrate.

17. mmmmna

mmmmna Junior Member Junior Member

My Phone:
    Droid X2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    From a former forum admin: Noobs do that from time to time, especially when they use the search feature REALLY well. :wink:

18. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 4S
    LOL I dont think you need to explain that to Fire. Forum admin or not it is pretty much overkill to bring a thread like this back to life. Just start a new one since this is so old.