1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clicking - popping noises

Discussion in 'APPLE iPhone' started by itperson, Jan 22, 2009.

1. itperson

itperson New Member

I have an issue with hearing popping sounds when using my iPhone cell phone. However, I can now easily reproduce this. Holding the cell phone against my right ear and talking for at least 10 minutes causes a popping/clicking noise that appears to be coming from inside my head and perceived in my left ear. At this time, my iPhone is very warm -almost hot. To make sure that the sound is not sourcing from the iPhone speaker, I hold the phone at arms length. It is still close enough to hear the conversation. However there is no popping/clicking sound. Placing the iPhone against my right ear again cause the noise to be perceived again. I cannot reproduce this by holding the phone against my left ear. This is all very disturbing, especially since I can reproduce this every time. At first I dismissed this as a form of tinnitus or some other sinus related issue. However, after talking to several people who have "heard" this as well, I am now confident that there is a connection between an overheated cell phone being held against the skull and sound being perceived in the opposite ear. If anyone can reproduce this, I would be interested to hear this. -Bill

2. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    I cannot say that I've experienced this, nor can I offer a logical explanation for your experience.

vf

3. hf1khal

hf1khal Who am I to judge Senior Member

My Phone:
    iphone 4, 3G S, BB 9700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility, MTC Touch
    Tried and could not reproduce that. The first iphone I ot had to be exchanged as it got very hot and they exchanged it to a new one. If it is getting hot I would highly recomend going to an Appple store and have them look at it they couldvery well replace it. Before you go make sure that you back up your phone and if they give you a new one do the restore from the backup.