1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing phones on Verizon Network????

Discussion in 'SAMSUNG' started by Orange7Dragon, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Orange7Dragon

Orange7Dragon New Member

I would like to switch phones... I just bought a used A310. Is it possible to activate this phone in place of my current one without taking in to Verizon?

2. orioles150

orioles150 Senior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    e815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    first, welcome to WA, be careful this place becomes an addiction [​IMG] now onto ur question ... I am assuming you currently have a contract with Verizon. if this is true all you need to do is log into your Vserve account online. (you go to the verizon website and click login) from here there should be a tab which says something like register new phone, switch phone or something like that (i havent been there in a while so i dont remember what exactly it says) you will then have to type in the ESN number of ur new phone (this should be found under the battery). after 5-10 minutes you then call *228 and press the number for which it says to complete the activation. And voila, your new phone should be up and running.

3. Orange7Dragon

Orange7Dragon New Member

Oh ok.... I had seen on there where it says to change the ESN, but I didn't know if that was what I needed to do or not.... Thanks a lot for answering my question... I'll give it a try...

4. orioles150

orioles150 Senior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    e815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    good luck, if you have any problems just let me know and ill try to help

5. NYCDru

NYCDru Sprint Newbie Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motrola V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Verizon(former), ATT(former),
    Did it work? I used to ESN switrch between my LG VX10 and my Motorola v60 online all the time.

6. cozz36

cozz36 Member

Will this work on all Verizon phones? I have an old Audiovox 9000? that I want to switch to for a short time. It was de-activated two years ago. Will it do over the air activation once I switch to that esn on the net?

7. xikle

xikle For rent: inquire below Senior Member

My Phone:
    BB Curve
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Moble
    It should work. If you were able to do a OTA with it before you should still be able to do a OTA and activate the phone, and have it programmed.

8. Orange7Dragon

Orange7Dragon New Member

It worked Great!! It was very very easy to do and the new phone was ready to go in less than 10 min.

9. shaneers301

shaneers301 New Member

hi. i found a phone on the street outside my sister's house. i have a terrible phone and i was hoping to switch to that phone. i looked for the ESN number on that phone but i couldnt find it. is it labeled with a different name under the battery?

10. shaneers301

shaneers301 New Member

how do i find the ESN number? I cant see any numbers on the bak of my new phone labeled "ESN"

11. Jerro

Jerro Bronze Senior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    Would it be better to call the carrier and help the rightful owner get their phone back? You probably have no chance that you can activate it anyway. It belongs to someone else, do a good deed.

12. Stupiud

Stupiud Yea, I can hear you now! Senior Member

My Phone:
    D2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Jerro is right, if the owner reported it as missing, it will be black listed and you wouldnt be able to use it anyway.... and the authorities may just think you're the reason it's missing....

do the right thing.

13. chrisb0923

chrisb0923 New Member

To Orioles150: Can you keep the same plan if you switch to a used phone? I want to give my LG Env3 to my friend's son James who does NOT have a data plan. She said she called Verizon and they told her he'd have to upgrade to a data plan. But, I went to theVerizon store in Albany, NY and they told me about the *228 instructions and said nothing about having to change plans. Thank you very much! I certainly appreciate your wealth of knowledge. Sincerely, Christine [chrisb0923]