1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't receive calls from my Sprint customer friend

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by friarslantern, Jul 22, 2007.

1. friarslantern

friarslantern New Member

Hi - I just got a new Verizon cell phone, and half the reason I have it is to talk to a particular friend of mine, who happens to have a Sprint phone on the East coast (I'm in California).

So far I've been able to call and receive calls from all my friends' cell and land lines, except this one friend, who's the one I talk to more than all others combined.

He CAN'T call me. When he tries to call me he gets a message saying "incorrect code". He's reported it to Sprint, but so far no answer.

He CAN text me, and that seems normal.

He CAN'T send me picture mail -- though his phone says "Sent", I never receive it.

I CAN call ~him~, but he says that when I do, his phone makes him press a button to receive the call -- and that that's never happened to him -- all he usually has to do is open the phone to answer it. I can send him pictures, but he says there too, that he has to go through an additional step to open a folder or something that he's never had to do when other people sent him pictures.

Anyone have a similar problem or know what to do? :loony:

We have both now called our respective companies and, predictably, both companies want to blame each other. It seems likely to be Sprint's fault, but, on the other hand, since this is a new phone (3 days old now) and phone number (not ported), there's a chance it's Verizon's fault.

H E L P !!! :eek:

2. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    It's most likely Sprint's fault if you can make/receive calls from any network and anybody other than that particular friend. An error message with "incorrect code" sounds like a Sprint error message anyways. All Verizon error messages now start with "Welcome to Verizon Wireless" so you'd know it's a VZW problem.

3. VZW-LOVER

VZW-LOVER Senior Member Senior Member

Just tell your boyfriend not to call Sprint CS toooooooo much! or he'll find himself on another carrier..lol

4. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    oh yeah we heard about that.....apparently customers are a waste of money if they call CS too much.....:mad:

5. cwt341

cwt341 Junior Member Junior Member

My Phone:
    lg vx8600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    verizon
    yea thats crazy they just get rid of them like that

6. Sailorcancer

Sailorcancer Junior Member Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid A855
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I used to get that "welcome to Verizon Wireless" on my Alltel phone. And I was just calling home Oo