1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boost Mobile Phone Can Make Calls But not Receive Them

Discussion in 'PRE-PAID Cell Phone Companies and Plans' started by mountaintarheel, Jun 7, 2011.

1. mountaintarheel

mountaintarheel New Member

Hi guys, i'm new to this forum, so i'll try not to sound too stupid. Bottom line is, I have a Boost Mobile Samsung Prevail that I just purchased the other day. I had a Boost Mobile Blackberry, but it stopped charging so I decided to switch to an Android based phone. I had the number switched over to the Samsung phone and since then I have not been able to receive any calls. I can make calls and send and receive text messages fine, but when someone tries to call me they get a message saying, " that the number or code you are dialing is incorrect" It then says Message 7 Switch 047. Boost has no clue what is going on. One person says it's the phone, the next person says it's the cell site, the next person says it's the phone's software. Does anyone know what could be the reason for this and how it can be fixed? I hope I don't own a $180 plastic paperweight. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2011
  2. mountaintarheel

mountaintarheel New Member

Re: Boost Mobile Phone Can Receive Calls But not Make Them

See i'm so frazzled by this I got the title backwards. The phone cannot receive calls, but can make them fine. Oops.

3. M in LA

M in LA Gold Senior Member
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Droid DNA
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless (since 1994)

I went ahead and modified the thread title to reflect what you actually meant.

Sorry I can't be of more help with the issue you're having. Sounds like a network issue to me...

4. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Vivid LTE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410

I agree. It sounds like a network issue. If it was a phone issue, the caller would hear it ring until the call was finally dumped to voicemail.