1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bluetooth to bluetooth echo?!?!?

Discussion in 'MOTOROLA' started by davidk, Oct 23, 2006.

1. davidk

davidk New Member

I know this sounds whacky but here goes:

I have a Moto V710 with and HS820 Bluetooth headset. My carrier is Verizon. I'm not sure of the model numbers but my girlfriend has a Moto phone & bluetooth headset (very similar to my V710 & HS820 but different models). She's also on Verizon.

My problem is that I frequently hear an echo of my own voice in my earpiece (she doesn't near it) if we're both using our headsets (this usually (but not always) happens in the car. I haven't fully confirmed this yet but it appears that if either of us disconnects our bluetooth (i.e., if either of us uses the handset), the echo goes away.

Is this as whacked out as it sounds to me? Anybody have any ideas on this?

--David

2. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Vivid LTE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Her headset mic is too sensitive. There are a couple of ways around this. Try asking her to bump the volume down a notch or two. This should fix it. If this makes it too difficult for her to hear then you need to edit the gain table on her phone, which is a more advanced mod. The Bluetooth mic sensitivity needs to be reduced slowly until the echo disappears.

Good luck!

-Jay