1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Block incoming call & texts from certain number

Discussion in 'AT&T Wireless Forum' started by mac1273, Aug 19, 2009.

1. mac1273

mac1273 New Member

I am an AT&T customer with a LG VU & LG shine phone. How do I block incoming calls & texts from a certain Sprint cell phone number. I went to settings, then call, then call reject list and put the contact their but it did prevent them from calling or texting me. PLEASE HELP

2. dmapr

dmapr Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Galaxy S4 GE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; T-Mobile To Go; MTS; e-kit
    Naturally AT&T would like you to pay for that option — they offer SmartLimits for Wireless service that allows that. Other than that I'm not sure what you can do for texts, for calls you may be able to assign a silent ringer to it and thus ignore it easily.

3. texguy302

texguy302 New Member

i thought there was a spot that you can log into your account on their site and do that. am i wrong??

would be nice to have it ignore it or automatically respond with a custom reply.

4. hme83

hme83 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia E7, E70-2 & 6820
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    You may be thinking of "Messaging Preferences" - but that doesn't apply to simple SMS - you can block SMS to e-mail from specified domains.

YouMail (and there is another one that I've seen people say they like better recently) has a "DitchMail" feature that will do what you suggest regarding the custom reply to blocked callers; but I don't think it works for SMS from them either. (And you do pay for the call forwarding to forward your voice mail to a non-AT&T voice mail number.)

5. elk812002

elk812002 New Member

I did the same thing that you did and I have not got another call, and it seems to have worked, I also have a LG VU