1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AT&T Late payment policy?

Discussion in 'AT&T Wireless Forum' started by hkw001, Aug 22, 2009.

1. hkw001

hkw001 Guest

We have been with Verizon for the past 4 years and sometimes we make the payment late. They do not cut the phones off right away. We were with US Cellular before and they would.

We have done some calculating and AT&T would save us about $40 a month. We are planning on switching in a month or so. We just wanted to know if they cut off your phones instantly or they give you a grace period to have it paid by?

Thanks.

2. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Vivid LTE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Its not cut off immediately. I'm sure they give you at least 30 days before its cut off. I've had bills lost in the mail before I signed up for autopay, and had been about 3 weeks late once and it wasn't turned off.

3. rockluvr1988

rockluvr1988 Junior Member Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG 260 The Scoop
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Thats good to know. I needed to know this too.

4. ADSisson

ADSisson New Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility
    due date for me is the 4th off the month. latest is the 7th. new period starts on the 8th.
    been late twice in the last 18 months. no penalties. no turn off

5. elmo01

elmo01 Senior Member Senior Member

on the bill you will see amount due by (insert date) late fees after (insert another date)..if you know the pmt is going to be late make a payment arangement...that will protect you from suspension

6. Vietcell

Vietcell New Member

Late fee will be applied to account whenever the acc was suspended and restored, but you can call customer service and give the an excuse, they will waive the fee for you as 1 time currency

7. elmo01

that is a restoral fee 36.00... the late fee is 5.00... and the company is clamping down on multiple *one time courtesy credits *... so dont be suprised if your excuse doesnt work...

8. rockluvr1988

rockluvr1988 Junior Member Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG 260 The Scoop
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    How long do you have to pay the bill before they cut it off? With Alltel I think it was before the next bill was due you had to pay some. I'm not sure though. What I am asking is if we are 2 weeks late are they going to cut it off? I think that is the most we have been late.

9. elmo01

thats on a sliding scale... if you are on time all the time it may not even suspend... technically speaking if the pmt isnt there by the due dat it can suspend,,, if you know you are going to be late call and set an arrangement

10. Vietcell

Vietcell New Member

Working for ATT so if you have problem with the bill such as : late fee, restoral fee, Data usage, Over minute or even Activation fee wo promotion, let me know, i help you out

11. drglo

drglo New Member

Thanks... still working for ATT. Who do I contact about billing problem. I've paid bill on 3rd of month for two years. Bill is due on 1st and I was told I had a grace period of three days before cycle begins on 4th of each month. Now I'm being billed for late charge cuz bill is not paid on 1st. Wht to do.