1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any way to boost cell phone wattage/reception?

Discussion in 'All Other Brands of Wireless Phones' started by SirMack, Jul 23, 2002.

1. SirMack

SirMack New Member

Hi guys,

I was wondering if there was a way to boost the 3/4 of a watt power in a cell phone up to 3 or 4 watts? Or is there any type of antennas or repeaters that works? Or maybe a 'booster' you can plug into the bottom part of the phone to increase reception?

I have a Nextel I80S.

2. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Note3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    See bottom of list for antennas.

It is doubtful that you will find anything that will be cost effective for you. Additionally, just to see that you are not the first to ask, search the forums for the words boost, antenna and power.

3. WirelessBeachBum

WirelessBeachBum Soylent Green is People Senior Member

My Phone:
    Thunderbolt...still
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    A better antenna is the best solution, however there are many other threads with people talking about the benefits of booster kits for digital.

1.) If they were legit and approved by fcc they would be sold in wireless stores just like the old 3-watt boosters for analog.
    2.) If you boost your signal you are most likely going to bleed over into other cell sites where your signal will cause interference on frequencies being re-used by other callers.
    3.) Don't waste your money with a booster, get an external vehicle antenna and a coupler..or an installed carkit, that's your best bet for better signal.

4. ChosenJuan

ChosenJuan New Member

That about sums it up right there, that's what I tell people when they ask me if those little stickers work. If they worked, all cellular providers would sell them. Or better yet, just build them into the phone.