Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Join Now
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AirPrint without Wi-Fi HP printer

Discussion in 'APPLE iPhone, iPad Tablets and all iOS Devices' started by viewfly, Mar 7, 2011.

1. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    I just downloaded Printopia so that I can print wirelessly from my iPhone 4 to my Canon non wifi printer.

Apple's AirPrint only works with HP 'enabled' wifi printers. The claim is that it cannot work with usb printers hooked up to a router (in my case an AirPort Extreme). I was calling 'BS' on that one...

Previously I used other appls that direct iPhone 4 print jobs through my mac - but I had you use that appls browser or email program.

Was thinking about a new printer - then I found this - Printopia - AirPrint to Any Printer - Print from iPad - Print from iPhone - Ecamm Network

Installed it and it will print from the iPhone 4 (3GS) directly from Safari, native mail, and photos to any printer attached to a mac or a printer usb attached to a router.

works flawlessly and saved myself at least $99 and up for a new printer. Even 'prints' to dropbox.com or just to a 'save to my mac' folder.

Prints in background too, so no wasted time..also does double sided printing.

thought to share. 1 second to install - perfectly....no windows version though

#1 viewfly, Mar 7, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2011