1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Access Tracfone Voicemail from Landline?

Discussion in 'AT&T Wireless Forum' started by Fonic_Boom, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Fonic_Boom

Fonic_Boom New Member

This should be a simple question. The Tracfone website says it costs nothing to retrieve Voicemail messages from a landline, but they do not tell you how to do it. I am new to cellphones. How can I use a landline to get at my Tracfone Voicemail messages? Thanks for the response and please excuse the newbie question.

2. auxiliary1

auxiliary1 New Member

Just call your cell phone and let it go to voicemail. When the voicemessage comes up click the pound sign. It will ask you to enter your password. It's all downhill from there.:browani:

3. Popcorn50

Popcorn50 New Member

Actually, my Tracfone phone has a Voicemail Access Line phone number, which is NOT my cell number, programmed into the Voicemail speed-dial. It is a local number, with my area code. I call in, then enter my cell number as my "mailbox" number.

Now I want to find out the "local" number to Queen Creek, Arizona (area code 480), but Tracfone CS :censored: insists they don't use access numbers, customers just call their own cell number. Well, I must have fallen down the rabbit hole :loony:, because I have that local access number (262-416-9900 - Milwaukee County, Wisconsin area) that is programmed in my phone and I use it to get my cell voicemail when I can use a landline (to save units). I'd rather not waste my units while out of town, and I sure ain't gonna call long distance to my cell number or hometown voicemail access number in order to use a landline. I'm looking for the Queen Creek, Arizona access number, but does anyone know of a national list of access numbers? Tracfone uses AT&T voicemail, so if anyone has numbers for AT&T voicemail access, please let me know.

Thanks much.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2007
  4. Popcorn50

Popcorn50 New Member

I just contacted AT&T wireless and they informed me that AT&T no longer provides tech support for Tracfone, but the rep was extremely helpful (unlike Tracfone CS). He did some investigating and found out that each "market" (region) uses a different voicemail company and, although they are all owned by AT&T, they aren't connected to each other, for example, for voicemail services. I did find a Cingular voicemail access number online for the (480) area code (480-235-2793) and, as the AT&T rep said, it won't allow me to enter my (414) number as a valid "mailbox" number. I'll either have to access my voicemail from my cell phone, using my units, or I'll have to dial long distance from a landline (possibly free from someone else's cell phone). Hope this helps others out who are trying to do the same thing I was.

5. andywarhaus

andywarhaus New Member

i belive that tracfone still uses AT&T for voice mail. if that is so you can reach your tracfone voicemail from a landline (however i think this only works with digital tracfone models) by dialing at&t's voicemail number which, i belive is 1-315-935-9999 :). (i live in area code 607 so the number might be different for you) this should bring you to the automated voicemail response. as soon as you hear the voice press pound and then dial your phone number (ie.. 999-999-9999). it will then prompt you for your password. enter in your 4 digit password that you used when you set up the voicemail for the first time. after you enter your password it is just like using the mailbox thru the phone. when you are done press * to disconnect and then hang up. if the above number does not work you can find it out by going to message -> press that middle button that looks like bars:confused: -> voicemail setup. it should give you the 10 digit voicemail number. (it would just be easier if tracfone posted this on their customer :censored: website, but then they would'nt make any money:mad:)
    hope this helps and good luck with your voicemail

6. MCSETRAINED2007

MCSETRAINED2007 New Member

Hi
    I have Trac-fone you have to hit the Star key on the landline phone when your voicemail starts then enter your password

7. army1

army1 Banned

you have to first understand that these people don't understand what the heck
    your talking about,and don't really care:rolleyes:

8. NuclearOption

NuclearOption New Member

Well, your original message posted many years ago is relevant today - I couldn't find the information on the Tracfone site and calling Tracfone Technical Support requires at least 45 minutes - so here I am. The posts are useful and I was able to figure out how to access voicemail.

My phone is the Motorola 376g. To access voicemail from a landline or other cell phone, I first turn off my Tracfone then call my Tracfone number and press the [*] asterisk and type my passcode when asked and it takes me right to the voicemail menu.