1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5300 cable hook up for Dummies.....

Discussion in 'All Other Brands of Wireless Phones' started by Trached1, Feb 8, 2003.

1. Trached1

Trached1 Junior Member Junior Member

Could some write up a tutorial for hooking the cable to the computer one step @ a time for use dummies. I cannot seem to get my computer to recognize my phone. I've done everything as outlined on the FutureDial web site. I have the Sanyo 5300 and running windows ME . I have both my USB ports in use. One with the cable for internet the other has a hub with 3 of the ports used. Also..... A step-by-step laptop set-up to dial out.

Thanks.

2. rshaan

rshaan Senior Member Senior Member

does it not recognize at all or are you able to install drivers ETC...?

3. SprintTechRep

SprintTechRep Senior Member Senior Member

did you try the add new hardware on your computer and just chose to select the location of the usb drivers? There is always 1 possibility that there is something wrong with the cable as well. My first sanyo cable didnt connect my 5150. Frustrated me beyond belief. So i plugged in another cable and guess what, connected right away. Im not saying that is your problem, but something to consider. goodluck!