Reactivate old phone?

I broke my Sprint phone and my contract expires in less than a month. I'm switching service so I don't want ...

I have arrived!

Default Reactivate old phone?

I broke my Sprinticon phone and my contract expires in less than a month. I'm switching service so I don't want to buy a new phone. I have an old deactivated phone from a friend that is a Sprinticon phone I want to reactivate to use as my phone. Can I do this? If so can I do it online or do I have to go to a store? Can someone tell me how I can do this. Thanks

Phone(s)
    LG Optimus G
    Provider(s)
    Sprint
    Images

Default Re: Reactivate old phone?

You can't do it online just yet but you can either call customer service and they can do the ESN swap for you or you can take it to a store. But an $18 activation fee may apply but you can usually get a customer service rep to waive that for you if you try hard enough.

RJB
    RJB has left the building.

Phone(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ndmsmith View Post
    I broke my Sprinticon phone and my contract expires in less than a month. I'm switching service so I don't want to buy a new phone. I have an old deactivated phone from a friend that is a Sprinticon phone I want to reactivate to use as my phone. Can I do this? If so can I do it online or do I have to go to a store? Can someone tell me how I can do this. Thanks
    Sorry not the time or place but what carrier are you going to and what are the reasons?

I have arrived!
    Threadstarter

Thanks for the help. I took an old phone to a Sprinticon store and they reactivated it with my number for no charge. Also, I'm moving and switching to Verizonicon because they have better service where I'm moving.

No more newbie here!

shouldn't have done that, they will reset your upgrade date and now you won't get a discount for 22 months.......happened to me.......a year ago, my daughter lost her phone and we replaced it thru lockline...........then a month later, her purse got stolen from school and instead of claiming thru lockline again i just used and old phone my mom had.........well now it's been 2yrs since we opened the account and they are ready to upgrade to the rumor but i have to pay full price for her phone because of activating that old phone.........i shoulda just paid the 50 bucks again........sucker me once but not again!!!

New house = No free time rallykid's Avatar
    Phone(s)
    LG 9700
    Palm Pre
    Provider(s)
    Verizon, Sprint
    Devices
    80 Gig iPod, GPS, PDA, Satellite Radio

Quote Originally Posted by txchick1971 View Post
    shouldn't have done that, they will reset your upgrade date and now you won't get a discount for 22 months.......happened to me.......a year ago, my daughter lost her phone and we replaced it thru lockline...........then a month later, her purse got stolen from school and instead of claiming thru lockline again i just used and old phone my mom had.........well now it's been 2yrs since we opened the account and they are ready to upgrade to the rumor but i have to pay full price for her phone because of activating that old phone.........i shoulda just paid the 50 bucks again........sucker me once but not again!!!
    Talk to customer care and explain the situation to them. They can put the correct upgrade code on your account. I have seen it done many times at my store.
    You have very successfully added 2 and 2 together and gotten a beaver. You are so far off the mark you have left numbers all together and entered addition with mammals.

Thread Information