I currently live in Savannah, GA and have a Verizon local plan. I am planning on going to Denver, CO for ...
- 10-22-2003, 7:38 PM #1
- Join Date
- Apr 2003
I currently live in Savannah,GA and have a Verizon local plan. I am planning on going to Denver,CO for about 3 weeks. Should I change my plan, or should I look for pre-paid? And if so which will be the best deal?
- 10-23-2003, 12:48 AM #2
- Join Date
- Feb 2002
- Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint
Verizon is the coverage king in Denver. You have several options:
-Switch to America's Choice for the period, and switch back to the Local plan. Even if the Local plan is no longer offered, they promise you can have it back within 30 days. Be careful about pro-rating.
-Pre-paid would be a more expensive option if you have to buy a new phone. But if you have one, it could be some savings.
-I have a regional plan and when I leave my home area, I forward my calls to my callplus phone which uses the AT&T TDMA network, which also works OK in Denver. But I already had an AT&T phone.
-Go ahead and pay the roaming charges and hope you don't need to make many calls. Often when I travel out of my Home area, my roaming charges are predictable. So I just pay the .69/min, knowing that it has never exceeded the additional cost I would have to lay out for the more expensive (for me) America's Choice plan. There will come a day when I'll have to give in, I fear, and switch to AC, though.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
- By mackenzie in forum Central US Wireless ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 03-24-2004, 6:31 PM
- By Serg in forum MOTOROLAReplies: 1Last Post: 02-05-2003, 12:45 PM
- By Serg in forum Western US Wireless ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 02-04-2003, 2:20 PM
- By JFBURKE in forum Northeastern US Wireless ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 12-16-2002, 7:28 PM
- By in forum Western US Wireless ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 10-24-2002, 8:15 AM