CINGULAR to add 115 new cell sites in Georgia
Cingular Wireless to Invest $360 Million in Georgia Network This Year Monday August 1, 9:10 am ET Company to activate 115 ...
- 08-01-2005, 10:22 AM #1
CINGULAR to add 115 new cell sites in Georgia
Cingular Wireless to Invest $360 Million in Georgia Network This Year
Monday August 1, 9:10 am ET
Company to activate 115 cell sites to enhance service quality and expand coverage
ATLANTA, Aug. 1 /PRNewswire/ -- The nation's largest wireless voice and data network is getting bigger in Georgia. Cingular Wireless plans to invest more than $360 million this year in its Georgia network; combining the best of the AT&T Wireless network, increasing coverage and capacity, activating more than 115 new cell sites, adding portable generators and back-up batteries, and rolling out new data features. This local investment is part of Cingular's estimated $6.2 billion national network capital expenditure program this year. The expansion will enhance service in 58 Georgia counties giving customers more coverage in more places.
"Cingular is committed to delivering the best value in wireless and that includes the best network coverage in Georgia," said Cliff Minor, vice president and general manager of Cingular Wireless-Georgia. Minor added, "Our 2005 network expansion campaign represents the largest investment we have made in a single year giving customers more coverage in more places."
Central and North Georgia Expansion - 38 New Sites Planned
Year-to-date, the company has activated 16 new cell sites throughout Central and North Georgia, and will add more than 38 sites before the end of 2005. Enhancements include:
* Expanded coverage in Homer and enhanced coverage along Highway 60 and
400 in Dahlonega; along North Loop of Athens, the city of Milner
between Barnesville and Griffin and Morganton on the east side of Blue
* Expanded coverage north side of Cartersville and in McDonough just
southeast of Stockbridge.
* Enhanced coverage in city of Canton along east Cherokee Drive; in Ball
Ground along Highway 20 and 369; in Ellijay along east side of Carter's
Lake Highway 382 and along US 76 between Ellijay and Chatsworth.
Middle/South/Coastal Georgia Expansion - 77 New Sites Planned
Year-to-date, the company has activated 46 new cell sites in this part of the state with plans to add 77 before the end of 2005. Enhancements include:
Savannah/Brunswick and Hilton Head Island
* Expanded coverage south side of Savannah Airport; Highway 80 east of
Interstate 516; downtown Savannah near Abercorn Avenue and DeRenne
Avenue, and Waters Avenue and Eisenhower Square; City of Richmond Hill;
and in Brunswick on Cate Road near Glynco Jetport.
* Added new coverage in Appling, City of Johnston, SC and along Highway
56 between McBean and Waynesboro, GA.
* Expanded coverage along I-20 in Augusta; along Highway 121 from
Johnston SC to Trenton SC; and Highways 19 and 121 in Eureka SC.
Sandersville, Statesboro, Swainsboro, Wadley and Louisville
* Added new coverage in City of Sandersville along Highway 24 from
Milledgeville to Louisville; along Highway 1 from Swainsboro thru
Wadley to Louisville connecting to Wrens; along Highway 301 in
Statesboro; and along Highways 26/80 between Statesboro and Swainsboro.
Dublin, McRae, Eastman, Cochran and Hawkinsville
* Expanded coverage northeast and northwest of Dublin GA.
* Added new coverage along Highway 30 between Cordele and McRae GA
(Pitts, Rochelle, Abbeville); along Highways 27/341, 441 and Highway 23
in the Eastman, Hawkinsville and McRae area.
Americus, Andersonville, Oglethorpe, Montezuma and Marshallville
* Added new coverage in city of Americus; along Highway 49 connecting
Andersonville, Oglethorpe and Montezuma to Americus; along Highway 30
from Americus to Cordele; along Hwy 257 connecting Americus to Albany;
and along Highways 3/19 connecting Smithville to Americus and Leesburg.
Macon, Columbus and Albany
* Expanded coverage in Macon, Columbus and Albany GA; and along Highway
82 NW of Albany in Dawson - connecting Sasser to Dawson.
Waycross, Valdosta, Quitman
* Added new coverage along Highways 23/82/84/441/203 connecting Waycross
to Brunswick, Jesup, Pearson, Douglas and Folkston.- 3 Billion GSM Users by 2009.
- 700 GSM Carriers in 220 Countries
- 82% of the Global Market
45,000 Cell Sites and Adding.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
- By jones in forum Southern US Wireless ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 10-12-2005, 12:56 PM
- By jones in forum GENERAL Wireless DiscussionReplies: 15Last Post: 04-12-2005, 5:51 PM
- By jones in forum Southern US Wireless ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 10-19-2004, 10:57 AM
- By jones in forum GENERAL Wireless DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-16-2004, 3:37 PM
- By ttrimmer in forum Western US Wireless ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 11-14-2002, 11:58 AM