Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Jaguar Mobile
  • 1 Post By M in LA

Best and Worst of PrePaid

Anyone who works for a prepaid company, is a consumer who uses/has used a prepaid company, or dealers/agents who offer prepaid ...

Provider(s)
    Jaguar Mobile

Question Best and Worst of PrePaid

Anyone who works for a prepaid company, is a consumer who uses/has used a prepaid company, or dealers/agents who offer prepaid services, what are the biggest pluses and minuses to the prepaid industry, in your opinions, based upon your experiences? I guess I'm just doing a little market research

Phone(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Novatel 4620 MIFI
    Sanyo -Taho by Kyocera
    Provider(s)
    Verizon , Sprint , Millenicom
    Devices
    Cyfre & Maximum Signal Cellular amplifiers

Default Re: Best and Worst of PrePaid

Virgin is owned by Sprinticon in the United States and use the Sprinticon network not Verizonicon's
    WWW.MaximumSignal.net
    Stay Connected !!!

Phone(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Novatel 4620 MIFI
    Sanyo -Taho by Kyocera
    Provider(s)
    Devices

Signal Re: Best and Worst of PrePaid

No it does not , Virgin Mobile cards operate on the Sprinticon network. As stated before Virgin is owned by Sprinticon in the United States.
    Quote Originally Posted by cararealtor85050 View Post
    I have a Virgin broad band card for my laptop. It works on the Verizonicon network.

My point is that many of the pre-paid companies out there piggy back onto larger networks through a MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator).
    WWW.MaximumSignal.net
    Stay Connected !!!

Resident Spamslayer Jay2TheRescue's Avatar
    Phone(s)
    HTC Vivid LTE
    Moto V551, iPAQ 6515
    Western Electric 302, 500
    Ericsson Ericophone
    Provider(s)
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Devices
    Zune 30gb & way too many BT devices to list
    Images

I didn't think Virginicon was owned by Sprinticon. Sprinticon owns Boost. I was under the impression that Virginicon pays to use Sprint's network.
    http://www.speedtest.net/android/256739406.png

Phone(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Novatel 4620 MIFI
    Sanyo -Taho by Kyocera
    Provider(s)
    Devices

Quote Originally Posted by Jay2TheRescue View Post
    I didn't think Virginicon was owned by Sprinticon. Sprinticon owns Boost. I was under the impression that Virginicon pays to use Sprint's network.
    Actually Sprint bought out Virgin quite a while ago . They do not publicize it , but they do indeed own them.
    WWW.MaximumSignal.net
    Stay Connected !!!

Fresh Member
    Threadstarter
    Provider(s)
    Jaguar Mobile

*very confused about responses to this thread*
    I guess it just wasn't a well written question. I'd rather believe that than the alternatives...
    maxv likes this.

Phone(s)
    HTC Droid DNA
    Provider(s)
    Verizon Wireless (since 1994)

Posts were deleted because that member violated site policy, which is why you see responses that don't appear inline.
    bobolito likes this.
    PacTel Cellular (1994) became AIRTOUCH (1994-2000) which became verizonwireless (2000-Present)

Phone(s)
    iPhone 5
    BlackberryTorch 9850
    Provider(s)
    T-Mobile
    Devices
    WiFi cards/Access points
    Images

Default Best and Worst of PrePaid

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar Mobile View Post
    *very confused about responses to this thread*
    I guess it just wasn't a well written question. I'd rather believe that than the alternatives...
    Jaguar, are you asking from the user experience point of view or the prepaid seller point of view?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    "Jobs was brave enough to think differently, bold enough to believe he could change the world, and talented enough to do it."
    -Barack Obama

No more newbie here!
    Phone(s)
    HTC Evo V 4G
    Provider(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Devices
    Bluetooth

Quote Originally Posted by Jay2TheRescue View Post
    I think Virgin Mobile and Boost are sister companies, and both operate off of Sprint Towers. I check both websites, and some of the reps that I see from Virgin Mobile, also appear on Boost's webpage. Whether both of them are actually owned by Sprint... I don't know.

Phone(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Novatel 4620 MIFI
    Sanyo -Taho by Kyocera
    Provider(s)
    Devices

They are both owned by Sprinticon
    WWW.MaximumSignal.net
    Stay Connected !!!

No more newbie here!
    Phone(s)
    HTC Evo V 4G
    Provider(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Devices
    Bluetooth

I'm fortunate that Virgin Mobile works "okay" for my locality. Am certainly am glad that I'm not experiencing a lot of the headaches that others have around the country (I live in Hawaii). What drew me to VM is their monthly plan. For $35/month, I get 300 minutes of Talk Time and 2.5GB of data. For me, it's ideal because I rarely talk on my cell and I average 175MB of data monthly.

I used to be on contract with Verizonicon years ago, and when my monthly payment began to fluctuate each month (despite my never going over my allowance), I had to look for something else that was much easier on my wallet. The only great thing I have to say about Verizonicon, is that they do have great coverage, next to AT&Ticon. Both carriers have good coverage around our island. As for VM... it is spotty around the island, but at least I get data coverage (text messages) in most areas.

Phone(s)
    Motorola T730

I like Page Plus: 1) They use Verizonicon's native network (the towers they own, not the towers they lease space on), 2) You can bring your own Verizonicon phone and 3) Excellent coverage in the South. I think the $80 plan w/2,000 minutes for one year is the best.

Get me out of Newbieville! jayzor's Avatar
    Phone(s)
    currently iphone 5
    Galazy Nexus
    SE Xperia Mini

Quote Originally Posted by Underwriter View Post
    I like Page Plus: 1) They use Verizonicon's native network (the towers they own, not the towers they lease space on), 2) You can bring your own Verizonicon phone and 3) Excellent coverage in the South. I think the $80 plan w/2,000 minutes for one year is the best.
    PagePlus is also one of my choice for CDMA, I think it would be good for them if they advertise that users can activate verizon phones. When ST verizon byod was cancelled many users was disappointed. If only they advertised, they would have gotten those customers.

As for GSM, I like Solavei, ST(cs sucks though) and GoSmart.

Phone(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Nokia Lumia 521
    Samsung Gusto 2
    Provider(s)
    VZW, T-Mobile
    Devices
    Nexus 7
    Images

While I mainly use Verizonicon postpaid, I do have 4 other prepaid accounts. They are cheap and easy to maintain.

1. I have my mother on a AT&T gophoneicon $0.10/min plan. She insisted on playing games on her phone, so I got her a web capable ZTE flip phone. It works for her light usage. Mom's phone broke at the hinge, and I didnt want a contract.
    2. I have my aunt on a $20/month Virgin Mobile plan. Her VZW phone was falling apart and I refused to enter into a contract for a flip phone. The Kyocera works just fine for her. I had messaging disabled until VM removed the blocks. I solved the problem by not having extra funds on the account.
    3. I also have a Verizon prepaid plan that dates back to the Alltel days. Most of the features have been maintained. Only the expiration policy has changed. The Alltel plan only had a $4/month fee for nonuse. The Verizon version expires almost 3 years from the refill date.
    4. I have a T-Mobile pay as you go account from years back; I have gold rewards (any refill carries the balance over a year).

I have to admit that Verizon's prepaid CS is wonderful. VM's isn't professional sounding at all...at least they speak understandable English. Verizon's network is solid for talk and text...I keep it as a back up (when I need tech support for my smartphone). T-Mobile is maintained for network (i.e. does it work at my home/work). T-Mobile's network is still bad here, but they are improving.

Since my mom and aunt are in Atlanta, any network will do... so I ported them out of my plan. I am saving some money and I have more features on my plan.
    Follow me here.

Reluctantly proud Verizon Wireless user since 2005.

GO BRAVES!!!!!!

Contract Cellular history: Verizon: 2005 to present, Sprint 2001 - 2003
    Prepaid history: Alltel/Verizon 2005 to present; T-Mobile: Off and on since 1999; AT&T 2003 - 2005

Phone(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Nokia Lumia 521
    Samsung Gusto 2
    Provider(s)
    VZW, T-Mobile
    Devices
    Nexus 7
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jayzor View Post
    PagePlus is also one of my choice for CDMA, I think it would be good for them if they advertise that users can activate Verizonicon phones. When ST Verizonicon byod was cancelled many users was disappointed. If only they advertised, they would have gotten those customers.

As for GSM, I like Solavei, ST(cs sucks though) and GoSmart.
    I think that Page Plus cannot "say" that it uses the Verizon network, an open secret of sorts. Just like TracFoneicon/ST could not openly say that it piggybacks off of Verizon towers (sometimes).
    Follow me here.

Reluctantly proud Verizon Wireless user since 2005.

GO BRAVES!!!!!!

Contract Cellular history: Verizon: 2005 to present, Sprint 2001 - 2003
    Prepaid history: Alltel/Verizon 2005 to present; T-Mobile: Off and on since 1999; AT&T 2003 - 2005

Thread Information