Live365 Internet Radio Goes Mobile on Your Windows Mobile 5/6 Phones

Press Release Source: Live365 Live365 Internet Radio Goes Mobile Tuesday December 4, 9:00 am ET Stream It NOW on Your Windows ...

Phone(s)
    IPhone5
    Provider(s)
    Verizon
    Devices
    android tablet

Default Live365 Internet Radio Goes Mobile on Your Windows Mobile 5/6 Phones

Press Release Source: Live365

Live365 Internet Radio Goes Mobile
    Tuesday December 4, 9:00 am ET

Stream It NOW on Your Windows Mobile 5/6 Phones

FOSTER CITY, CA--(MARKET WIRE)--Dec 4, 2007 -- Live365, the world's largest internet radio network, announced that its streaming service is now available via their Radio365-Mobile software for all smartphones, pocket PCs, and PDAs running Windows Mobile 5 or 6.
    Users of Windows Mobile handsets on any carrier network worldwide (Verizonicon, AT&Ticon, Sprint, T-Mobileicon, etc.) can now enjoy thousands of Live365 broadcasts in 250 genres originating from over 150 countries. Nearly every major handset manufacturer offers mobile devices with the Windows Mobile operating system including Samsung, Motorola, HTC, Palm, HP, and many more.

Mobile listeners can now enjoy Live365 stations in their car or anywhere their broadband Edge/3G or Wi-Fi network is available. Radio365-Mobile is free to download and installs directly to the phone from a mobile web browser at www.live365.com/mobile.

Once installed, Live365's commercial-free VIP subscription is available for a 15-day, no-credit-card free trial. Once expired, listeners can continue to enjoy a handful of free stations or purchase VIP for as little as $5.95 per month.

The Radio365-Mobile software is packed with features including album artwork, unlimited presets, one-click e-mailing of track info/buy links, large-font mode, keypad presets, user-selected themes, personalized recommendations, automatic mute on incoming calls, and portrait/landscape support -- all with car-friendly, one-thumb operation.

According to Arbitron's 2007 Digital Radio Study, nearly one in six 18- to 34-year-olds listen to internet radio and one in three Americans currently own a portable audio device. As mobile connectivity and Wi-Fi hotspots become more ubiquitous, Live365 will be a leader in mobile radio -- the current home of AM/FM, Sirius, and XM satellite radio.

This new offering complements Live365's existing services across the Live365 Internet Radio - Thousands of Free Online Radio Stations website and many devices including TiVo, D-Link MediaLounge, Windows Media Center, Sony VAIO WA1, Philips Streamium, and many more. One Live365 subscription is good across all platforms.

Live365 is a pioneer in mobile radio streaming, having a beta release of its Windows CE software for Pocket PCs way back in early 2001. The solution was short lived due to high mobile data charges and a promising partner, Metricom (makers of the portable wireless Ricochet Modem), going out of business.

Live365 Media Relations 650-345-7400, email [email protected] or visit www.radio365mobile.com and Live365.com - Press

Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=640087

Live365 Media Relations
    Tel: 650-345-7400
    E-mail: Email Contact

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Source: Live365
    Alltel / Verizon user since 6/97

Resident Spamslayer Jay2TheRescue's Avatar
    Phone(s)
    HTC Vivid LTE
    Moto V551, iPAQ 6515
    Western Electric 302, 500
    Ericsson Ericophone
    Provider(s)
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Devices
    Zune 30gb & way too many BT devices to list
    Images

Default Re: Live365 Internet Radio Goes Mobile on Your Windows Mobile 5/6 Phones

Sounds good. I tried the XM Mobile software on my Tilt, it sounded great but I did not think that $9/mo for 20 or so stations was worth it. I'll give it a try.

-Jay
    http://www.speedtest.net/android/256739406.png

Phone(s)
    HTC Vivid LTE
    Moto V551, iPAQ 6515
    Ericsson Ericophone
    Provider(s)
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Devices
    Images

Default Re: Live365 Internet Radio Goes Mobile on Your Windows Mobile 5/6 Phones

Update: It installed quickly, right to my Tilt from the internet. Sound quality is just as good as XM Mobile, but there are a lot more choices, and its cheaper. the 15 day trial should really give me a chance to try it out. XM only had a 3 day trial, barely enough to really give the service a try.

-Jay

Phone(s)
    Apple iPhone 5s
    Provider(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Devices
    Slingbox HD;Kenwood DNX9960;Verizon 4G iPad 3
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jay2TheRescue View Post
    Sounds good. I tried the XM Mobile software on my Tilt, it sounded great but I did not think that $9/mo for 20 or so stations was worth it. I'll give it a try.

-Jay
    I have all of the online radio stations that I get on my laptop on my Mogul via my XM subscription (for $11.95/month, I get over 170 channels of music in my Suburban that has much better audio quality than my Sirius was, plus over 80 channels of the 170+ that I can stream via my Mogul).

Also, I use an app that streams my XM via my WMP with better quality than when listening to it online on their website. I stream on my Mogul at 60 Kbps and when you listen via XM's own website, you only stream at 32 Kbps.
    My Carriers:

Cellular One (TDMA) [1999-2000]>>AT&T (TDMA) [2000-2001]>>Cingular (TDMA) [2001-2003]>>Sprint [2003-2005]>>Verizon Wireless [2005 to present]>>Sprint SERO [2006-2008]>>AT&T [2008 to 2009]

Phone(s)
    HTC Vivid LTE
    Moto V551, iPAQ 6515
    Ericsson Ericophone
    Provider(s)
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Devices
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Gamer03 View Post
    I have all of the online radio stations that I get on my laptop on my Mogul via my XM subscription (for $11.95/month, I get over 170 channels of music in my Suburban that has much better audio quality than my Sirius was, plus over 80 channels of the 170+ that I can stream via my Mogul).

Also, I use an app that streams my XM via my WMP with better quality than when listening to it online on their website. I stream on my Mogul at 60 Kbps and when you listen via XM's own website, you only stream at 32 Kbps.
    I wonder why they don't advertise the possibility of more stations. I thought it was way overpriced for the 20 or so stations they offered.

-Jay

Phone(s)
    Apple iPhone 5s
    Provider(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Devices
    Slingbox HD;Kenwood DNX9960;Verizon 4G iPad 3
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jay2TheRescue View Post
    I wonder why they don't advertise the possibility of more stations. I thought it was way overpriced for the 20 or so stations they offered.

-Jay
    Yes, that is overpriced. On XM's site, they charge $7.99/month to just get the online stations. If you want to listen online and have a XM radio in your car, then it is either $12.95/month or $11.87/month if you pay one year. They have even cheaper options for the more years you go with them. Plus, I am pretty sure that you can cancel whenever you want (I'm not sure if there is a cancelation fee or not).

I have had both Sirius and XM, and I personally think that XM is better. As for listening only online, the way I figure it, is that for almost $4 extra per month, you can listen in your car and online. Also, I have XM installed directly behind my factory radio in my Suburban (you need the proper adapter though), so I can use my truck's steering wheel controls to change channels. So with just a flick of a button on my steering wheel, I can choose either Onstar (don't have it any more), FM, AM, CD, XM1, or XM2.

Here are some links:

XM online only:

XM Radio Online

Subscription plans:

XM Service & Subscription - Pricing, Plans, Service
    My Carriers:

Cellular One (TDMA) [1999-2000]>>AT&T (TDMA) [2000-2001]>>Cingular (TDMA) [2001-2003]>>Sprint [2003-2005]>>Verizon Wireless [2005 to present]>>Sprint SERO [2006-2008]>>AT&T [2008 to 2009]

Phone(s)
    HTC Vivid LTE
    Moto V551, iPAQ 6515
    Ericsson Ericophone
    Provider(s)
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Devices
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Gamer03 View Post
    Yes, that is overpriced. On XM's site, they charge $7.99/month to just get the online stations. If you want to listen online and have a XM radio in your car, then it is either $12.95/month or $11.87/month if you pay one year. They have even cheaper options for the more years you go with them. Plus, I am pretty sure that you can cancel whenever you want (I'm not sure if there is a cancelation fee or not).

I have had both Sirius and XM, and I personally think that XM is better. As for listening only online, the way I figure it, is that for almost $4 extra per month, you can listen in your car and online. Also, I have XM installed directly behind my factory radio in my Suburban (you need the proper adapter though), so I can use my truck's steering wheel controls to change channels. So with just a flick of a button on my steering wheel, I can choose either Onstar (don't have it any more), FM, AM, CD, XM1, or XM2.

Here are some links:

XM online only:

XM Radio Online

Subscription plans:

XM Service & Subscription - Pricing, Plans, Service
    Yeah, those stock Delco stereos are quite capable, and can control a lot if you buy the right interfaces for them.

-Jay

Thread Information