Results 1 to 10 of 10

T-Mobile MDA Help...HTC Cingular 8125 as well...

So i just got a new T-Mobile MDA!!! I'm so excited!!! I am new to the pocked pc/ smartphone world and ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member Jordan2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Yuba City / Marysville
    Posts
    120
    Phone(s)
    Black Moto Razr V3
    T-Mobile MDA
    Samsung X-427m
    Motorola V300
    Provider(s)
    Cingular, T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint PCS, Nextel,
    Devices
    The T-Mobile MDA... The best device EVER!!!!!

    Question T-Mobile MDA Help...HTC Cingular 8125 as well...

    So i just got a new T-Mobileicon MDA!!! I'm so excited!!! I am new to the pocked pc/ smartphone world and dont really know much abou them.. So if any1 has any advice on them or tricks they would like to share, i would greatly appreciate it!!! I wanna know all the ins and outs about it... Yes it is the same thing as the HTC Cingular 8125... They just look different...

  2. #2
    Software Architect nKrypteD1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,609
    Phone(s)
    Motorola Droid X
    Motorola Droid
    LG Env3
    Provider(s)
    Verizon
    Devices
    Too much to list.
    Images
    4

    Default Re: T-Mobile MDA Help...HTC Cingular 8125 as well...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan2005 View Post
    So i just got a new T-Mobileicon MDA!!! I'm so excited!!! I am new to the pocked pc/ smartphone world and dont really know much abou them.. So if any1 has any advice on them or tricks they would like to share, i would greatly appreciate it!!! I wanna know all the ins and outs about it... Yes it is the same thing as the HTC Cingular 8125... They just look different...
    Sorry that it's taken me 3 days to catch this thread and respond to it, first of all welcome to the Mobile Device Revolution (which will not be televised but streamed online at your pda's resolution ) and yes I know I'm

    Anyways, little advice, the device you purchased (I have the 8125) is not a phone, it's a pda with phone built in, don't expect it to be superb in either category (which I think it is once you get used to it.)

    I have posted registry edits that work for both providers in the Windows Mobile Subforum but here are some links for you:

    http://forums.wirelessadvisor.com/wi...try-edits.html <- registry edits I posted.

    http://america.htc.com/support/tmobile_MDA.html <- Manufacturer Support of your device.

    http://www.htcwiki.com <- Community Driven Wiki Support and Information for your device.

    http://forum.xda-developers.com/ <- XDC (HTC Devices) Developer and Advanced Information, you'll find roms and other registry information here.

    http://www.pdaphonehome.com/ <- Decent PDA Based Forums.

    http://www.htcwizardweb.net/ <- Site Dedicated to the HTC Wizard

    http://www.trianglepowers.com/ppc6700/Default.aspx <- Free applications developed for the 6700 (Sprinticon Cousin of the Wizard) which will work for you, I use the BT Toggle for the Today Screen.

    http://sfplanet.com/product/87182 <- Really Kick ___ Case for the MDA/8125 (Officially HTC Wizard) once you get tired of the included leather holster. (And no I'm not plugging for money I just think it's the best case)

    http://www.freecabs.de/ <- Free Cab Files for Wm5 based phones, use at own risk.

    Ok whew that's more than a few links, onto the good stuff. Your Phone is officially the HTC Wizard, so when you browse other forums keep that in mind.

    You'll find your phones full manual on the Tmobileicon Support Site, I've uploaded the service manual in the Windows Mobile Based Device forum here, and there's a lot to absorb here, but stay the distance you'll never regret it I've got plenty of theme files, some my own, some from free resources, some from the microsoft theme pack you get for registering your device. PM me and tell me what style you want colors/so forth and I'll see what I can do
    Heav'n has no Rage like Love to Hatred turn'd, Nor Hell a Fury, like a Woman scorn'd.

  3. #3
    Software Architect nKrypteD1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,609
    Phone(s)
    Motorola Droid X
    Motorola Droid
    LG Env3
    Provider(s)
    Verizon
    Devices
    Too much to list.
    Images
    4

    Default Re: T-Mobile MDA Help...HTC Cingular 8125 as well...

    Oh yeah I also wanted to advise you to go ahead and buy Microsoft Voice Command, you wont regret it. Agile Messenger (google will get you there without a problem) is awesome for a messenging app, I also use avantgo for news synchronization and have been toying around with Saki Mobile (http://www.mysaki.com) for a social tool for PPC owners (I think it'll take off like myspace did but it also shows live weather forecasts but no radar maps, stock quotes, and rss feeds that are live updated)

    Best of luck to you.
    Heav'n has no Rage like Love to Hatred turn'd, Nor Hell a Fury, like a Woman scorn'd.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Threadstarter
    Jordan2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Yuba City / Marysville
    Posts
    120
    Phone(s)
    Black Moto Razr V3
    T-Mobile MDA
    Samsung X-427m
    Motorola V300
    Provider(s)
    Cingular, T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint PCS, Nextel,
    Devices
    The T-Mobile MDA... The best device EVER!!!!!

    Default Re: T-Mobile MDA Help...HTC Cingular 8125 as well...

    How do i get the MDA to select a WiFi connection other than the defalt T-Mobileicon WiFi??? Oh, and just wanting to tell everyone how clear the camera is... It is the best i have ever had on a hand heald device...

  5. #5
    Software Architect nKrypteD1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,609
    Phone(s)
    Motorola Droid X
    Motorola Droid
    LG Env3
    Provider(s)
    Verizon
    Devices
    Too much to list.
    Images
    4

    Default Re: T-Mobile MDA Help...HTC Cingular 8125 as well...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan2005 View Post
    How do i get the MDA to select a WiFi connection other than the defalt T-Mobileicon WiFi??? Oh, and just wanting to tell everyone how clear the camera is... It is the best i have ever had on a hand heald device...
    I'm not real sure to be honest, the thing is on the 8125 (cingular version) when I see new wifi networks I get a notice (notification bubble) or it has a "icon" next to the wifi Icon, where all you have to do is click it and select which network you want. Hopefully this helps a wee bit till someone with the mda posts.
    Heav'n has no Rage like Love to Hatred turn'd, Nor Hell a Fury, like a Woman scorn'd.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Threadstarter
    Jordan2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Yuba City / Marysville
    Posts
    120
    Phone(s)
    Black Moto Razr V3
    T-Mobile MDA
    Samsung X-427m
    Motorola V300
    Provider(s)
    Cingular, T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint PCS, Nextel,
    Devices
    The T-Mobile MDA... The best device EVER!!!!!

    Unhappy Re: T-Mobile MDA Help...HTC Cingular 8125 as well...

    I figured it out!!! in fact... I'm using my MDA to post right now!!!

  7. #7
    Software Architect nKrypteD1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,609
    Phone(s)
    Motorola Droid X
    Motorola Droid
    LG Env3
    Provider(s)
    Verizon
    Devices
    Too much to list.
    Images
    4

    Default Re: T-Mobile MDA Help...HTC Cingular 8125 as well...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan2005 View Post
    I figured it out!!! in fact... I'm using my MDA to post right now!!!
    use WA00.com it's much better even on the pda
    Heav'n has no Rage like Love to Hatred turn'd, Nor Hell a Fury, like a Woman scorn'd.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Threadstarter
    Jordan2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Yuba City / Marysville
    Posts
    120
    Phone(s)
    Black Moto Razr V3
    T-Mobile MDA
    Samsung X-427m
    Motorola V300
    Provider(s)
    Cingular, T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint PCS, Nextel,
    Devices
    The T-Mobile MDA... The best device EVER!!!!!

    Default Re: T-Mobile MDA Help...HTC Cingular 8125 as well...

    For some reason AS doesn't work on my comp, so how do i get those ROM's and tweeks on my MDA??? Anf furthermore, how and what do i do to it?

  9. #9
    Software Architect nKrypteD1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,609
    Phone(s)
    Motorola Droid X
    Motorola Droid
    LG Env3
    Provider(s)
    Verizon
    Devices
    Too much to list.
    Images
    4

    Default Re: T-Mobile MDA Help...HTC Cingular 8125 as well...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan2005 View Post
    For some reason AS doesn't work on my comp, so how do i get those ROM's and tweeks on my MDA??? Anf furthermore, how and what do i do to it?
    You can try ActiveSync 4.5 Beta by googling it unless you have windows vista rc1 installed then there's a whole big thing on that, let me know and I'll show you how to install WMDC. Anyways, you'll need activesync for any .exe install, if not you can download directly from your phone if it's a .cab file and just tap it with your stylus and it will install automatically.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Threadstarter
    Jordan2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Yuba City / Marysville
    Posts
    120
    Phone(s)
    Black Moto Razr V3
    T-Mobile MDA
    Samsung X-427m
    Motorola V300
    Provider(s)
    Cingular, T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint PCS, Nextel,
    Devices
    The T-Mobile MDA... The best device EVER!!!!!

    Default Re: T-Mobile MDA Help...HTC Cingular 8125 as well...

    Quote Originally Posted by nKrypteD1 View Post
    Sorry that it's taken me 3 days to catch this thread and respond to it, first of all welcome to the Mobile Device Revolution (which will not be televised but streamed online at your pda's resolution ) and yes I know I'm

    Anyways, little advice, the device you purchased (I have the 8125) is not a phone, it's a pda with phone built in, don't expect it to be superb in either category (which I think it is once you get used to it.)

    I have posted registry edits that work for both providers in the Windows Mobile Subforum but here are some links for you:

    http://forums.wirelessadvisor.com/wi...try-edits.html <- registry edits I posted.

    http://america.htc.com/support/tmobile_MDA.html <- Manufacturer Support of your device.

    http://www.htcwiki.com <- Community Driven Wiki Support and Information for your device.

    http://forum.xda-developers.com/ <- XDC (HTC Devices) Developer and Advanced Information, you'll find roms and other registry information here.

    http://www.pdaphonehome.com/ <- Decent PDA Based Forums.

    http://www.htcwizardweb.net/ <- Site Dedicated to the HTC Wizard

    http://www.trianglepowers.com/ppc6700/Default.aspx <- Free applications developed for the 6700 (Sprinticon Cousin of the Wizard) which will work for you, I use the BT Toggle for the Today Screen.

    http://sfplanet.com/product/87182 <- Really Kick ___ Case for the MDA/8125 (Officially HTC Wizard) once you get tired of the included leather holster. (And no I'm not plugging for money I just think it's the best case)

    http://www.freecabs.de/ <- Free Cab Files for Wm5 based phones, use at own risk.

    Ok whew that's more than a few links, onto the good stuff. Your Phone is officially the HTC Wizard, so when you browse other forums keep that in mind.

    You'll find your phones full manual on the Tmobileicon Support Site, I've uploaded the service manual in the Windows Mobile Based Device forum here, and there's a lot to absorb here, but stay the distance you'll never regret it I've got plenty of theme files, some my own, some from free resources, some from the microsoft theme pack you get for registering your device. PM me and tell me what style you want colors/so forth and I'll see what I can do



    i posted a reply in the first link listed... it is asking how to find the files to mod?? Thanks for any help!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 8125 Cingular tether
    By merkin in forum Microsoft Windows Mobile Phones
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-11-2007, 8:38 AM
  2. Cingular 2125 / 8125
    By weathersinc in forum AT&T Wireless Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-04-2006, 1:34 AM
  3. GPS on Cingular 8125?
    By ResIpsa in forum AT&T Wireless Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-27-2006, 6:16 PM
  4. Connecting to VPN on Cingular 8125
    By AJE in forum Microsoft Windows Mobile Phones
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-27-2006, 8:44 PM
  5. How to sell a Cingular 8125?
    By msblondegecko in forum Microsoft Windows Mobile Phones
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-18-2006, 8:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

About Us | Advertising | Privacy Statement | Legal | Press | Feedback/Contact


Forum feeds:         Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Copyright 1997-2014 Wireless Advisor, LLC. All rights reserved. All registered and unregistered trademarks are the property of their respective holders.
WirelessAdvisor.com is not associated by ownership or membership with any cellular, PCS or wireless service provider companies and is not meant to be an endorsement of any company or service. Some links on these pages may be paid advertising or paid affiliate programs.