How to change service from one Sprint phone for another?

I would like to sign up for a 1 year contract with Sprint for the Sanyo 6200. My current contract with ...

Shoulda joined long ago!

Default How to change service from one Sprint phone for another?

I would like to sign up for a 1 year contract with Sprinticon for the Sanyo 6200. My current contract with Sprinticon expires on October 6, 2002. Can I transfer my service from the old Sprint phone to the new one or do I have to write them a letter to terminate the service on Oct 6 in order to make the change?

Just call CS (*4) and when Claire starts talking say "i want to talk to a customer representative." You'll have to say it twice. Once you are talking to an actual real person just ask to change plans. No need to write any letters.
    Mark

If you meant you want to activate a new phone you can do it the same way, or over the internet at Sprintpcsicon.com

Hope I was helpful

Phone(s)
    LG Optimus G
    Provider(s)
    Sprint
    Images

Always do it online. There will be no activation fee for existing customers who are activating a new phone.

if you dont want to change your plan just get a new phone goto a Sprinticon store...at least by me there is no charge to existing customers who switch equipment and no change to your contract for just switching phones....save for the price of the new phone. btw no letter nothing. you are not terminating service at all you are just transferring your phone number to a new physical phone. that is it. once your contract is up you will be going month to month.......unless you change your plan then you will renew your contract.

Thanks everyone. I forgot to mention that I want to buy the phone on Amazonicon.com because they appear to have the best deal ($49 with rebates through tomorrow). Can I still activate the phone on-line without incurring an activation fee if I buy it from Amazonicon?

When your Sprinticon contract ends, nothing changes for you. Only difference now is, if you want to quit Sprinticon, there would be no termination fees. Changing to a different model phone is very simple (online, call a store, *2). I would call a store to do it unless you want to talk to claire then hold for a live rep. When you change phones, nothing on your account changes (ie phone number, plan etc). If you buy from Amazonicon, are the rebate deals for existing customers? Should check that. Note : Cancelling your account and starting it up again will not get you the rebates if it is for new customers only, because your indentification is tracked by social security #

Doh! -- the Amazonicon rebate appears to be for customers who do not currently have an existing account. Glad you asked that question. I'll drop by the Sprinticon store just as soon as Sanyo puts out more details on the 6400. I think that the 6200 will be the best choice for me given its weight and price, however I'd like to see the full specs on the 6400 before making a decision.

Thread Information