t-mobile in Mansfield, Ohio?

I'm in Mansfield, Ohio and currently am with Alltel. Our contract is about up and we are looking into possibly going ...

Shoulda joined long ago!

Default t-mobile in Mansfield, Ohio?

I'm in Mansfield, Ohio and currently am with Alltel. Our contract is about up and we are looking into possibly going with T-Mobileicon. Never heard of T-Mobileicon until I started researching phones on the net yesterday.

Does anyone know how t-mobile reception is in Mansfield and surrounding areas?

jazzy

Phone(s)
    Moto v3 Razr
    Blackberry 7230
    Provider(s)
    Cingular (Voice) + T-Mobile (Blackberry)
    Devices
    Crackberry

Tmobileicon is pretty good in ohio and offers surprisingly wide coverage. Verizonicon has the edge if you need to go into more rural areas. Tmobileicon has coverage extending about to Mt. Vernon to the east of columbus and along the interstates.

I think Tmobile offers the most bang for the buck of any carrier min. wise (sprint does data wise, m2m etc..), so if there coverage area suits you fine, call quality is excellent and you will be pleased.

New Job = New Phone

Shoulda joined long ago!
    Threadstarter

Thanks GoodmanR.....My concern is the coverage, because I do live in and travel in rural areas. Do you drive through Mansfield or know of someone who does with Tmobileicon?

I don't know of anyone with Tmobileicon....I never even heard of them until a couple of days ago. I would just like to find out all I can before I try something new. I have had no problems with Alltel. T mobile's plans and cam phone sound like such a good deal, but would not be worth it if the coverage wasn't good.

thanks for your input.

Phone(s)
    Moto v3 Razr
    Blackberry 7230
    Provider(s)
    Cingular (Voice) + T-Mobile (Blackberry)
    Devices
    Crackberry

coming in from the 71 side coverage was pretty good up and down 71.

when you go north of town and north east is when youll start to have issues. the coverage in mansfield itself was pretty good though. i was in knox county for awhile and had to switch to Verizonicon because of the coverage there. i would say that if coverage is your concern, Verizonicon dominates ohio in coverage. verizon is not a pcs provider, they use 800mhz so they get better range from their towers, that combined with simply more and better placed equiptment give them the coverage edge there, but Tmobileicon kills them on price. its a tradeoff..

i would recommend using the trial periods. go buy a Tmobileicon phone. in the first week drive everywhere you see yourself needing the phone and see if your signal is strong enough. if not return it and buy verizon.
    New Job = New Phone

Thread Information