SIM Card Rejected

Ok, so I was reading through my Nokia manual, and decided I would set my PIN, and the next thing I ...

Shoulda joined long ago!

Default SIM Card Rejected

Ok, so I was reading through my Nokia manual, and decided I would set my PIN, and the next thing I know I have to enter a PUK, and I find out the default code... Then it prompts me to enter a new PIN, and then verify that PIN. I do so, and all I recieve is "CODE ERROR" and it brings me back to entering my PUK.

Now all my phone says is SIM card rejected. Did I fry my SIM and loose all my info?

Phone(s)
    V3xx
    V551
    V400
    Provider(s)
    AT&T

Default Re: SIM Card Rejected

Quote Originally Posted by BlondEmilie
    Ok, so I was reading through my Nokia manual, and decided I would set my PIN, and the next thing I know I have to enter a PUK, and I find out the default code... Then it prompts me to enter a new PIN, and then verify that PIN. I do so, and all I recieve is "CODE ERROR" and it brings me back to entering my PUK.

Now all my phone says is SIM card rejected. Did I fry my SIM and loose all my info?
    Yup. You can only enter the wrong PIN & PUK so many time before you fry your SIM card. Only your provider can give you your PUK & PUK2 codes.

Quase Três Anos Com WA! Gideon H's Avatar
    Phone(s)
    Motorola E398
    Provider(s)
    TIM Brasil
    Devices
    Palm Tungsten E2, iPod, Presario V2311, HS850

that happened to me once. all i had to do was call AT&Ticon and they gave it to me no problem as long as i had my IMEI and account information. but i forgot to get my PUK2 code, lol.

Posting up a storm!

Quote Originally Posted by BlondEmilie View Post

Last edited by abdulla; 11-08-2007 at 6:58 AM. Reason: I Want To Repair

Posting up a storm!

Posting up a storm!

THE NOKIA SERVICE CENTRE

Dear Sir,
    I have been using my nokia phone since 8 years.
    This morning when I tried to use it, the message on the screen said "SIM CARD REJECTED".
    I need to retrieve my old SMS MESSAGES which
    are stored, as these are very important.
    I shall highly appreciate if your technical support section can help me with this problem to be resolved.
    I can courier the phone and sim card to the service centre in case of need.
    I eagerly await to hear from you.
    Many thanks and kind regards.
    A.O.AL JABRI

Posting up a storm!

THE NOKIA SERVICE CENTRE

Dear Sir,
    I have been using my nokia phone since 8 years.
    This morning when I tried to use it, the message on the screen said "SIM CARD REJECTED".
    I need to retrieve my old SMS MESSAGES which
    are stored, as these are very important.
    I shall highly appreciate if your technical support section can help me with this problem to be resolved.
    I can courier the phone and sim card to the service centre in case of need.
    I eagerly await to hear from you.
    Many thanks and kind regards.
    A.O.AL JABRI

Phone(s)
    Galaxy S4 GE
    Galaxy Nexus
    Nokia N8
    Sony Ericsson K850i
    Provider(s)
    AT&T; T-Mobile To Go; MTS; e-kit
    Devices
    Palm TX, PRS-950, Kobo Aura HD

Quote Originally Posted by abdulla View Post

You fried your SIM -- if the info was stored on the SIM, you lost it, if it was stored on the phone, you can get to it if you insert a new SIM.

I have arrived!
    Phone(s)
    Nokia Express Music 5310
    Provider(s)
    Etisalat
    Devices
    nDS

- Something similar has happen to me. I was just on my phone, trying to do something to it. I saw the PIN setting in the mobile settings, so I thought I could put a password for my phone, so that no one can use it. I put a number, and I don't know what I was doing. I wanted to check if it works, so I switched off my phone. I switched it on again, and it told me to put the code. I tried multiple times, I think I ruined the phone or SIM card because when I switched it off and on again, it said "SIM Card rejected".

- I have just heard that I must remove the SIM card from the phone and insert it again, but I don't know where my phone is, since I switched it off (it still has full battery). At least it's a good thing that I put an alarm for my from from Sundays to Thursdays at 6:30 AM, so I can the phone's alarm tone every two minutes from then.

- Does anyone know another solution to this? (I will try to fix this problem after I find my phone).

Phone(s)
    HTC Droid DNA
    Provider(s)
    Verizon Wireless (since 1994)

Quote Originally Posted by LuLu95 View Post
    - Something similar has happen to me. I was just on my phone, trying to do something to it. I saw the PIN setting in the mobile settings, so I thought I could put a password for my phone, so that no one can use it. I put a number, and I don't know what I was doing. I wanted to check if it works, so I switched off my phone. I switched it on again, and it told me to put the code. I tried multiple times, I think I ruined the phone or SIM card because when I switched it off and on again, it said "SIM Card rejected".

- I have just heard that I must remove the SIM card from the phone and insert it again, but I don't know where my phone is, since I switched it off (it still has full battery). At least it's a good thing that I put an alarm for my from from Sundays to Thursdays at 6:30 AM, so I can the phone's alarm tone every two minutes from then.

- Does anyone know another solution to this? (I will try to fix this problem after I find my phone).
    Sounds like you unintentionally fried the SIM (as the post above yours stated). You need to call your carrier and see what they can do (most likely issue you a new SIM card).
    PacTel Cellular (1994) became AIRTOUCH (1994-2000) which became verizonwireless (2000-Present)

I have arrived!
    Phone(s)
    Nokia Express Music 5310
    Provider(s)
    Etisalat
    Devices
    nDS

Does that mean I'm going to lose all my information, and I need to get a new number? (Do these question have anything to do with it?)

Phone(s)
    HTC Droid DNA
    Provider(s)
    Verizon Wireless (since 1994)

Quote Originally Posted by LuLu95 View Post
    Does that mean I'm going to lose all my information, and I need to get a new number? (Do these question have anything to do with it?)
    You won't need a new phone number, but all of your contacts saved on the SIM will be lost. If you saved your contacts to the phone, they'll still be there.
    PacTel Cellular (1994) became AIRTOUCH (1994-2000) which became verizonwireless (2000-Present)

Thread Information