Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

How can I unlock my Motorola Razr V3 subsidy code?

I just got a Motorola Razr v3 from a seller that said it was unlocked. But I just tried to use ...

I made my first post!

Default How can I unlock my Motorola Razr V3 subsidy code?

I just got a Motorolaicon Razr v3 from a seller that said it was unlocked. But I just tried to use it (was a Cingular phone) and it is asking for a Subsidy code? How can I Remote unlock by IMEI? Who is the cheapest?
    I found some online, but they are really expensive

Signal Go Down De Hole... ZaphodB's Avatar
    Phone(s)
    LG VX5600
    iPhone 3GS
    LG Chocolate GSM
    Provider(s)
    Verizon(US) Orange(FR)

Default re: How can I unlock my Motorola Razr V3 subsidy code?

Unfortunately unlocking Motorolas requires cables and special software, so you are either going to have to invest in the data cable and software, or take it somewhere to have it unlocked. It's not like Nokias, where there are websites to do it for you for free.

Former Mobile Data Addict MOTOhooligan's Avatar
    Phone(s)
    Motorola XT1030
    Motorola v860 R.I.P.
    Provider(s)
    Western Wireless
    Devices
    Motorola S805
    Images

I know that T-Mobileicon will give you the subsidy code after 90 days of service. Do AT&Ticon or Cingular do this? If they do, will they do it if you buy a phone from someone else but have never actually had service with AT&Ticon or Cingular?
    Is it too much to ask for a phone with physical buttons?

Phone(s)
    Galaxy S4
    Provider(s)
    AT&T
    Devices
    Plantronics
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by rancidhooligan
    I know that T-Mobileicon will give you the subsidy code after 90 days of service. Do AT&Ticon or Cingular do this? If they do, will they do it if you buy a phone from someone else but have never actually had service with AT&Ticon or Cingular?
    They'll give you the unlock code after 90 days of having your account in good standing, well in my case i got my Razr unlocked before my 60 days of having a Cingular account..

You can also unlock your phone remotely (depending on your model) here > http://www.globalmob.com/cart/custom...&cat=45&page=1

(oOO \ (||||)(||||) / OOo)

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
    they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out.

I have arrived!

Thumbs up re: How can I unlock my Motorola Razr V3 subsidy code?

[QUOTE=Trickykidx]I just got a Motorolaicon Razr v3 from a seller that said it was unlocked. But I just tried to use it (was a Cingular phone) and it is asking for a Subsidy code? How can I Remote unlock by IMEI? Who is the cheapest?
    I found some online, but they are really expensive[/QU

email to [email protected]

Phone(s)
    Bionic - Rooted
    Provider(s)
    Verizon

Quote Originally Posted by Trickykidx
    I just got a Motorolaicon Razr v3 from a seller that said it was unlocked. But I just tried to use it (was a Cingular phone) and it is asking for a Subsidy code? How can I Remote unlock by IMEI? Who is the cheapest?
    I found some online, but they are really expensive
    Well right on WA page there is a link to here http://www.cellunlocks.com/
    they claim to do it over the air, for $5.00. If thats true not sure you could find it for much less than that. I unlocked my razr using a cable and a web site that charges $25.00 for access to thier server once you install thier software. But it does work. Here is the link to that site http://www.cell-unlock.com/ However first you will need to be able to connect your phone to your computer. Then download thier software and run it in test mode. It will report back if they can unlock your phone. If it says it can, pay the $25.00 and let thier software do the work.

I made my first post!

So I got my subsidy unlock code fro, Cingular. How do I now unlock the phone? I am new to this so appreciate any help I can get

Quote Originally Posted by Tony E View Post
    They'll give you the unlock code after 90 days of having your account in good standing, well in my case i got my Razr unlocked before my 60 days of having a Cingular account..

You can also unlock your phone remotely (depending on your model) here > http://www.globalmob.com/cart/custom...&cat=45&page=1

Resident Spamslayer Jay2TheRescue's Avatar
    Phone(s)
    HTC Vivid LTE
    Moto V551, iPAQ 6515
    Western Electric 302, 500
    Ericsson Ericophone
    Provider(s)
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Devices
    Zune 30gb & way too many BT devices to list
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by kbalabha View Post
    So I got my subsidy unlock code fro, Cingular. How do I now unlock the phone? I am new to this so appreciate any help I can get
    You have to put another carrier's SIM card in the phone. When you turn it back on it will ask for the code. Enter it at that time. I keep an old inactive TMOicon SIM card on hand just for cases like this.

-Jay
    http://www.speedtest.net/android/256739406.png

Phone(s)
    Galaxy S4
    Provider(s)
    AT&T
    Devices
    Plantronics
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by kbalabha View Post
    IMPORTANT: You have five tries to enter this code into your phone. If you go beyond the five tries unsuccessfully your phone will not be able to be unlocked. If you get "Code Error" displayed on your handset twice call your carrier before going any further..

1. Insert the non-Cingular SIM card.

2. Turn on your handset.

3. You will then be prompted to enter the eight digit unlock code (provided by your carrier)

4. The handset is then successfully unlocked.

I made my first post!

Its quite simple to unlock phone by t mob. and cingular.. with out having to spend any money.. will just take time.. still intrested? how do i know u ask? how bout the fact that i work with t mob..
    does that work for u? here are the instructions... JUST CALL THE DAMN COMPANY.. they do it for free...if its originally a t mob phone.. call t mob.. tell them that u want to unlock ur t mob phone, that a friend gave it to u.. and u just wanna use it with cingular.. there's no charge to do it.. same with cingular.. call.. 1.800.Tmobileicon and ask for ur sim subsidy unlock code.. well thats all i will say for now.. deuce..

Phone(s)
    HTC Vivid LTE
    Moto V551, iPAQ 6515
    Ericsson Ericophone
    Provider(s)
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Devices
    Images

For the most part, the carriers will only unlock phones for current customers in good standing. There is no financial incentive to unlock a phone so you may use the phone on someone else's network.

-Jay

Shoulda joined long ago! Dallaslady's Avatar
    Phone(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Provider(s)
    Verizon
    Devices
    Garmin Nuvi 760; iPod

Red face re: How can I unlock my Motorola Razr V3 subsidy code?

Quote Originally Posted by ZaphodB View Post
    Unfortunately unlocking Motorolas requires cables and special software, so you are either going to have to invest in the data cable and software, or take it somewhere to have it unlocked. It's not like Nokias, where there are websites to do it for you for free.
    Hi! I'm a newby with two razr v3's and would like to unlock them to sell. I have an iphone which, obviously, doesn't use the sim card on my razr (pink, by the way). My husband still uses his, but has decided to go back to his Nokia 3100 since he doesn't get into the media stuff. So, I have two questions:

(1) Where do you buy the cables and software to unlock the razrs and (2) where is this FREE website to unlock the Nokia. I had one, as well, but don't plan to use it. I'm spoiled by the iPhone! ha!

Thank you for the help!

Dallaslady

Phone(s)
    HTC Vivid LTE
    Moto V551, iPAQ 6515
    Ericsson Ericophone
    Provider(s)
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Devices
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dallaslady View Post
    Hi! I'm a newby with two razr v3's and would like to unlock them to sell. I have an iphone which, obviously, doesn't use the sim card on my razr (pink, by the way). My husband still uses his, but has decided to go back to his Nokia 3100 since he doesn't get into the media stuff. So, I have two questions:

(1) Where do you buy the cables and software to unlock the razrs and (2) where is this FREE website to unlock the Nokia. I had one, as well, but don't plan to use it. I'm spoiled by the iPhone! ha!

Thank you for the help!

Dallaslady
    You can go to MotoUnlocker.com :: Motorola Unlock - Unimoto PLUS - MotoBlaze - Remote Unlocking Solution! to unlock the Razrs, you need to buy the cable separately though. You probably already have a cable though as the Razrs use the same USB cable as many digital cameras and MP3 players. I think for 2 unlocks it will probably run you about $50 - $60. I don't know about the Nokias though.

-Jay

Phone(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Provider(s)
    Verizon
    Devices
    Garmin Nuvi 760; iPod

Quote Originally Posted by Jay2TheRescue View Post
    You can go to MotoUnlocker.com :: Motorola Unlock - Unimoto PLUS - MotoBlaze - Remote Unlocking Solution! to unlock the Razrs, you need to buy the cable separately though. You probably already have a cable though as the Razrs use the same USB cable as many digital cameras and MP3 players. I think for 2 unlocks it will probably run you about $50 - $60. I don't know about the Nokias though.

-Jay
    Thanks, Jay! I have saved the website and, yes, I do have those cables already. We'll have to discuss if we want to spend that much money to unlock them if we're going to cell them. We're not planning to change carriers any time soon.

Now, that mystery solved (thank you very much...I'm impressed at the speed of a response on this website), so if I can discover that Nokia website where it's free....that would totally make my week! Thanks, again!

- Frances

'Life isn't about how to survive the storm,
    but how to dance in the rain.'

Phone(s)
    HTC Vivid LTE
    Moto V551, iPAQ 6515
    Ericsson Ericophone
    Provider(s)
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Devices
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dallaslady View Post
    Thanks, Jay! I have saved the website and, yes, I do have those cables already. We'll have to discuss if we want to spend that much money to unlock them if we're going to cell them. We're not planning to change carriers any time soon.

Now, that mystery solved (thank you very much...I'm impressed at the speed of a response on this website), so if I can discover that Nokia website where it's free....that would totally make my week! Thanks, again!

- Frances

Search our Nokia forum. I've seen it there. I usually don't pay too much personal attention to the Nokia forums as I have never owned a Nokia.

-Jay

Phone(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Provider(s)
    Verizon
    Devices
    Garmin Nuvi 760; iPod

Search our Nokia forum. I've seen it there. I usually don't pay too much personal attention to the Nokia forums as I have never owned a Nokia.

-Jay
    Thank you, Jay! Youv'e been very helpful!

Frances

Posting up a storm!

Quote Originally Posted by o0Eddie0o View Post
    Its quite simple to unlock phone by t mob. and cingular.. with out having to spend any money.. will just take time.. still intrested? how do i know u ask? how bout the fact that i work with t mob..
    does that work for u? here are the instructions... JUST CALL THE DAMN COMPANY.. they do it for free...if its originally a t mob phone.. call t mob.. tell them that u want to unlock ur t mob phone, that a friend gave it to u.. and u just wanna use it with cingular.. there's no charge to do it.. same with cingular.. call.. 1.800.Tmobileicon and ask for ur sim subsidy unlock code.. well thats all i will say for now.. deuce..
    ..............you are indeed correct... i simply called them, they created a non ATTicon cingular customer account and then simply gave me the subsidy code... thanks alot!!!!

Phone(s)
    HTC Vivid LTE
    Moto V551, iPAQ 6515
    Ericsson Ericophone
    Provider(s)
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Devices
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by casper4u View Post
    ..............you are indeed correct... i simply called them, they created a non ATTicon cingular customer account and then simply gave me the subsidy code... thanks alot!!!!
    Sounds like you were lucky. Carriers have no incentive to give unlock codes to people who are not their customers.

-Jay

Posting up a storm!

Sounds like you were lucky. Carriers have no incentive to give unlock codes to people who are not their customers.

-Jay

Well I bought another T-Mobile locked phone.. I called them but they gave me that 90 days crap... So I had to contact the person I bought the phone from (ebay) and have them call Tmobileicon for the code... took less than 2 hours and they emailed it to himm then he forwarded the code to me ****another phone unlocked**** thankfully the ebay seller was cooperative... apparently he didnt know (like I did) that one could just call the carrier to have the phone unlocked. He had a blackberry that was just not being used from Tmobileicon that he also at the same time got unlocked... so he was more thankful to me because now he could sell his blackberry.. But the thanks belongs to the tmobile employee above (EDDIE) who told us how easy it could be to just call em and ask.. at least I didnt have to pay $8, $10, or $24.99 to have it unlocked thanks alot!!!!

Fresh Member
    Phone(s)
    LG Scoop
    Treo 650 Verizon
    Razr V3c Verizon
    Provider(s)
    Alltel,Verizon
    Devices
    I pod Mini,Nano,Touch

T-Mobileicon gave me the same stuff....You Have To Have An Account. The Lady put in a request for me using the IMEI and it went through but I got an email the next day Stating that I had to have an account.

Fresh Member

i have the same question with you , so it is useful for me.

Posting up a storm!

I bought 2 blackberrys off ebay a pearl 8100 and a curbe 8300 both for cingular ATTicon. I just called cingular, told em i bought it off ebay and that i want the unlock code... they ask for IMEI number i gave em and they gave me the unlock code... I now having confidence buying ATTicon cingular locked phones for resale cuz i know i can have em unlocked free!@

Get me out of Newbieville! Nicoletta's Avatar
    Phone(s)
    Moto Razr V3
    Provider(s)
    AT&TCingular

Quote Originally Posted by casper4u View Post
    I bought 2 blackberrys off ebay a pearl 8100 and a curbe 8300 both for cingular ATTicon. I just called cingular, told em i bought it off ebay and that i want the unlock code... they ask for IMEI number i gave em and they gave me the unlock code... I now having confidence buying ATTicon cingular locked phones for resale cuz i know i can have em unlocked free!@
    casper4u, what exactly did you say to cingular that made them so willing to give the unlock codes to you over the phone?

Phone(s)
    Galaxy S4
    Provider(s)
    AT&T
    Devices
    Plantronics
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoletta View Post
    casper4u, what exactly did you say to cingular that made them so willing to give the unlock codes to you over the phone?
    As long as you'd had service for 90 days with your GSM carrier you can request an unlock code from them, reason can be from you need to use your phone overseas for work to keeping in touch with your family.
    Charlyee likes this.

Phone(s)
    Moto Razr V3
    Provider(s)
    AT&TCingular

Thanks Tony E. Can cingular unlock a Tmobileicon razr phone? How can I thank someone and have it show up on their profile?

Phone(s)
    Galaxy S4
    Provider(s)
    AT&T
    Devices
    Plantronics
    Images

Thanks Tony E. Can cingular unlock a Tmobileicon razr phone? How can I thank someone and have it show up on their profile?
    HM? if i remember correctly they should be able to...

To thank someone you just hit the icon on the lower right side.

Phone(s)
    Moto Razr V3
    Provider(s)
    AT&TCingular

Quote Originally Posted by Tony E! View Post
    HM? if i remember correctly they should be able to...

To thank someone you just hit the icon on the lower right side.

Tony E!,
    I'm confused; I only see 3 buttons on the lower right of the post which are: Am I looking for the thanks button in the wrong area or something?
    Last edited by Nicoletta; 08-27-2008 at 1:38 PM. Reason: html errors

Phone(s)
    iPhone 5s
    Moto X
    Nokia Asha 311
    Provider(s)
    at&t/Docomo/Airtel
    Devices
    iPad Air
    Images

Tony E!,
    I'm confused; I only see 3 buttons on the lower right of the post which are: Am I looking for the thanks button in the wrong area or something?
    Nicoletta, you are not in the wrong area. You need to have a minimum of 10 posts before you have access to the

Hope this helps.
    Jay2TheRescue and Tony E! like this.
    The SmartPhone Parade (2006-Now)

QTEK 9100 > Samsung Blackjack > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > BB 9700 > Xperia X10 > Motorola Atrix > HTC Vivid > Lumia 900 > Lumia 820 > iPhone 5 > Motorola Moto X > iPhone 5s

Phone(s)
    HTC Vivid LTE
    Moto V551, iPAQ 6515
    Ericsson Ericophone
    Provider(s)
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Devices
    Images

You don't see this?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Phone(s)
    HTC Vivid LTE
    Moto V551, iPAQ 6515
    Ericsson Ericophone
    Provider(s)
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Devices
    Images

Arrow re: How can I unlock my Motorola Razr V3 subsidy code?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlyee View Post
    Nicoletta, you are not in the wrong area. You need to have a minimum of 10 posts before you have access to the

Hope this helps.
    LOL, we both replied a the same time. I was not aware that you needed 10 posts to give thanks. I guess I missed that memo when we started the Thanks feature...

I know you have to be signed in, and that Thanks are also not available in off-topic areas of the forums (The Roaming Zone)

-Jay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information