Bluetooth Battery Replacement?

I have a moto HS820 BT headset which I've been very happy with. Unfortunately, the battery is no longer holding a ...

Fresh Member

Default Bluetooth Battery Replacement?

I have a motoicon HS820 BT headset which I've been very happy with. Unfortunately, the battery is no longer holding a charge very well. I've tried a couple of other BT's and I don't like anything as much as the HS820 (which, so far as I can tell, is no longer available). Is it possible to get a new battery for the HS820? If not, can somebody recommend a fairly inexpensive BT headset (not more than $60 or $70) that has clear & loud reception and transmission?

Thanks,
    David

Resident Spamslayer Jay2TheRescue's Avatar
    Phone(s)
    HTC Vivid LTE
    Moto V551, iPAQ 6515
    Western Electric 302, 500
    Ericsson Ericophone
    Provider(s)
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Devices
    Zune 30gb & way too many BT devices to list
    Images

Default Re: Bluetooth Battery Replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by davidk View Post
    I have a motoicon HS820 BT headset which I've been very happy with. Unfortunately, the battery is no longer holding a charge very well. I've tried a couple of other BT's and I don't like anything as much as the HS820 (which, so far as I can tell, is no longer available). Is it possible to get a new battery for the HS820? If not, can somebody recommend a fairly inexpensive BT headset (not more than $60 or $70) that has clear & loud reception and transmission?

Thanks,
    David
    I've taken apart several HS820's for various projects, and the battery is a tiny little thing soldered directly to the circuit board. Finding another battery of the same size and voltage would be very difficult. It would be cheaper to buy another HS820 on Ebay. The H350 is very similar to the HS820, and I believe wal-marticon carries them for under $40. I noticed last time I was in a wal-marticon that the H350 seemed very low priced.

I'd either get another HS820 on Ebay or get an H350. The H500 is also a similar design, but costs more than the H350.

-Jay
    http://www.speedtest.net/android/256739406.png

Phone(s)
    Motorola Droid X
    Motorola Droid
    LG Env3
    Provider(s)
    Verizon
    Devices
    Too much to list.
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jay2TheRescue View Post
    I've taken apart several HS820's for various projects, and the battery is a tiny little thing soldered directly to the circuit board. Finding another battery of the same size and voltage would be very difficult. It would be cheaper to buy another HS820 on Ebay. The H350 is very similar to the HS820, and I believe wal-marticon carries them for under $40. I noticed last time I was in a wal-marticon that the H350 seemed very low priced.

I'd either get another HS820 on Ebay or get an H350. The H500 is also a similar design, but costs more than the H350.

-Jay
    I concur with Jay, by the time you find the battery and do all the work (probably would have to buy a soldering iron and solder, etc etc) your best bet is to simply just replace the headset, eBay is great if you're not afraid of getting scammed, the H350 is only $38 at wal-mart. I strongly advise you to stay away from the mall stores as well as the wireless stores as their markup is a lot higher than walmart, kmart, target, etc.
    Heav'n has no Rage like Love to Hatred turn'd, Nor Hell a Fury, like a Woman scorn'd.

Fresh Member
    Threadstarter

Quote Originally Posted by nKrypteD1 View Post
    I concur with Jay, by the time you find the battery and do all the work (probably would have to buy a soldering iron and solder, etc etc) your best bet is to simply just replace the headset, eBay is great if you're not afraid of getting scammed, the H350 is only $38 at wal-marticon. I strongly advise you to stay away from the mall stores as well as the wireless stores as their markup is a lot higher than Walmarticon, kmart, target, etc.
    Thanks for the quick responses, guys. If it's that much effort to change the battery, I agree it's not worth it. I've purchased a lot of stuff on ebay over the years and, using a little common sense, have never gotten burned (singed once or twice but never burned! ). In fact, my original HS820 came from ebay! I'm a little hesitant to get a used one at this point for fear of getting another run-down battery but I see a number of people are still selling what appear to be new ones.

Thanks for the lead on the H350...I'll give that a try if I can't get a decent price on an HS820!

--David

Thread Information