HELP..Bluetooth stopped on my E815

I have a moto E815 for over a year now and LOVE it. My blue tooth stopped working last week for ...

Fresh Member
    Phone(s)
    Motorola E815
    Motorola E815
    Provider(s)
    Verizon
    Devices
    iPod Mini 4gb, iPod Nano 4gb

Angry HELP..Bluetooth stopped on my E815

I have a motoicon E815 for over a year now and LOVE it. My blue tooth stopped working last week for no apparent reason. The icon blinks but never connects. If it does connect it drops a few seconds later. I know it's not my car, because my wife's E815 connects without a problem. Any ideas???

Phone(s)
    Nokia E7, E70-2 & 6820
    SE W518a & W580i
    Provider(s)
    at&t

Default Re: HELP..Bluetooth stopped on my E815

Admittedly I'm not very familiar with bluetooth - I've only used it to transfer graphics between two phones and didn't have to "pair" the devices. Did you have to "pair" the phone with the car when you initially started using it? If so, have you tried un-pairing them and then re-setting up the pair? (You may only have to "pair" if you are talking about a phone and a headset - I'm not sure. )

Also, the car is in "discoverable" mode (or vice versa if sending from the car to the phone)? And you are sending the data within the allotted time frame? I know on my motoicon, it only gives 60 seconds - and it seemed like a "short" 60 seconds to me on several occassions. But when I re-tried, it worked like a charm.

Fresh Member
    Threadstarter

Phone(s)
    Motorola E815
    Motorola E815
    Provider(s)
    Verizon
    Devices
    iPod Mini 4gb, iPod Nano 4gb

Thanks for the info, I'll try it again. The phone was already paired with both my car and my headset, but for some reason they both stopped working. I also noticed that my battery is draining much faster than normal, so I'm guessing that this has something to do with it as well.

Resident Spamslayer Jay2TheRescue's Avatar
    Phone(s)
    HTC Vivid LTE
    Moto V551, iPAQ 6515
    Western Electric 302, 500
    Ericsson Ericophone
    Provider(s)
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Devices
    Zune 30gb & way too many BT devices to list
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by aSperanza View Post
    Thanks for the info, I'll try it again. The phone was already paired with both my car and my headset, but for some reason they both stopped working. I also noticed that my battery is draining much faster than normal, so I'm guessing that this has something to do with it as well.
    It also never hurts to just take the battery out for 5 minutes and let it restart from scratch. That seems to fix any BT problems I encounter.

-Jay
    http://www.speedtest.net/android/256739406.png

Phone(s)
    Nokia E7, E70-2 & 6820
    SE W518a & W580i
    Provider(s)
    at&t

As said, I am no bluetooth expert -

But if your phone was paired with both your headset and your car and they've both suddenly stopped working, it sounds to me like the pairing has gotten messed up. I'd just try starting all over and re-pairing them again to see if that solves your problem.

If you leave bluetooth on all the time I believe it is a big drain on your battery, so especially if the phone was constantly "searching" for another device because the pairing had gotten messed up, I do think that could explain the reduction in charge time that you've noticed.

Thread Information