bluetooth to bluetooth echo?!?!?

I know this sounds whacky but here goes: I have a moto V710 with and HS820 Bluetooth headset. My carrier is ...

Fresh Member

Default bluetooth to bluetooth echo?!?!?

I know this sounds whacky but here goes:

I have a motoicon V710 with and HS820 Bluetooth headset. My carrier is Verizonicon. I'm not sure of the model numbers but my girlfriend has a moto phone & bluetooth headset (very similar to my V710 & HS820 but different models). She's also on Verizonicon.

My problem is that I frequently hear an echo of my own voice in my earpiece (she doesn't near it) if we're both using our headsets (this usually (but not always) happens in the car. I haven't fully confirmed this yet but it appears that if either of us disconnects our bluetooth (i.e., if either of us uses the handset), the echo goes away.

Is this as whacked out as it sounds to me? Anybody have any ideas on this?

--David

Resident Spamslayer Jay2TheRescue's Avatar
    Phone(s)
    HTC Vivid LTE
    Moto V551, iPAQ 6515
    Western Electric 302, 500
    Ericsson Ericophone
    Provider(s)
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Devices
    Zune 30gb & way too many BT devices to list
    Images

Default Re: bluetooth to bluetooth echo?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by davidk View Post
    I know this sounds whacky but here goes:

I have a motoicon V710 with and HS820 Bluetooth headset. My carrier is Verizonicon. I'm not sure of the model numbers but my girlfriend has a moto phone & bluetooth headset (very similar to my V710 & HS820 but different models). She's also on Verizonicon.

My problem is that I frequently hear an echo of my own voice in my earpiece (she doesn't near it) if we're both using our headsets (this usually (but not always) happens in the car. I haven't fully confirmed this yet but it appears that if either of us disconnects our bluetooth (i.e., if either of us uses the handset), the echo goes away.

Is this as whacked out as it sounds to me? Anybody have any ideas on this?

--David
    Her headset mic is too sensitive. There are a couple of ways around this. Try asking her to bump the volume down a notch or two. This should fix it. If this makes it too difficult for her to hear then you need to edit the gain table on her phone, which is a more advanced mod. The Bluetooth mic sensitivity needs to be reduced slowly until the echo disappears.

Good luck!

-Jay
    http://www.speedtest.net/android/256739406.png

Thread Information