how do i turn roaming off

i just wanted to know if there was a way you could block roaming... and please explain the forcing cdma with ...

Fresh Member

Default how do i turn roaming off

i just wanted to know if there was a way you could block roaming... and please explain the forcing cdma with better reception results...
    ~josh

Phone(s)
    LG VX7000
    Provider(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Devices
    MP3

When forcing CDMA, it will use only digital(Cellular, PCS, 1x.) My phone will go into extended network instead of analog, and the phone stays on digital(on roam) a lot more for me than before. It is like the phone works harder when you force it for digital only.

Hey everyone: If analog is so bad, how come it is the service we go on when we cant get regular signal? lol
    yaya verizon!

New house = No free time rallykid's Avatar
    Phone(s)
    LG 9700
    Palm Pre
    Provider(s)
    Verizon, Sprint
    Devices
    80 Gig iPod, GPS, PDA, Satellite Radio

Menu, 0, 000000 then change the options there. "CDMA only" means the phone will only lock onto an 800mhz CDMA signal and not an 800/AMPS (analog) or 1900Mhz PCS signal. As far as turning roaming off, using menu, 0, 000000 you can choose home only and you will not be able to roam with the phone.
    You have very successfully added 2 and 2 together and gotten a beaver. You are so far off the mark you have left numbers all together and entered addition with mammals.

Phone(s)
    LG VX7000
    Provider(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Devices
    MP3

You mean CDMA only will not let you go to PCS?
    yaya verizon!

Phone(s)
    LG VX7000
    Provider(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Devices
    MP3

Is there an option that will allow me to operate on both cellularand PCS?
    yaya verizon!

Fresh Member
    Threadstarter

is cell only the same as home only?

For all those that are wondering about forcing CDMA here's my $0.02:

I had a 720 and now I have a 4400. Half of my wireless time is in a Sprinticon extended area (non-roaming). The coverage is sparse at best in this town as it's just off a major freeway in northern Wisconsin. With the 720 I had no way of forcing CDMA and it would constantly go into analog roaming (I called and reamed Verizonicon and they credited all the roaming charges back thankfully). However, with the 4400 I have it forced CDMA and I have no problems picking up a signal. For fun, I even put the phone into the default mode of "Automatic" and I have yet to pull an analog signal where my 720 would always be. I'm not one to judge stregth on "how many bars", but I would have to say IMHO that the 4400 has a better internal radio / antenna setup. One final comment is that I can now know when I'm in a 1x market!!! Not that it really matters, but, hey, it's nice to know where the providers are sticking money!

Hope this helps... If not, just ignore me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Phone(s)
    LG VX7000
    Provider(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Devices
    MP3

yeah!

Originally posted by: PjayzcivicHd84
    Is there an option that will allow me to operate on both cellularand PCS?
    Yeah, when you force CDMA you will operate on 800 & 1900MHz, but only in a digital format (ie: CDMAOne, CDMA 1xRTT).

Forcing Cell Only will only allow you to operate in the above format, but on the 800MHz band (still both CDMAOne and CDMA 1xRTT).

PCS is just the opposite, only allowing you to operate at 1900MHz but, again, on either digital format.

Cell only is not the same as Home only. Home only will not allow you to operate on any roaming partners networks. So, in all reality, you could be in a perfectly good digital extended coverage area and get "No Service" on your phone if you force it to Home only.

Best bet, leave everything default unless you need something specific. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Thread Information