VX6100 Screen Problems

Has anyone had any screen display problems with the VX6100? About two weeks ago the display would be scrambled, but all ...

I made my first post!

Angry VX6100 Screen Problems

Has anyone had any screen display problems with the VX6100? About two weeks ago the display would be scrambled, but all it would take is shutting the flip phone and reopening it and it would be back to normal. The other day driving home I got a call and when I picked it up the outside display was blank and so was the inside display. I can make and recieve calls, but no display. Everyonce in a while when you open it the main display will show up inside, either it will be scrambled, white, or show up normal. But the outside little window won't work at all just white. I have had this phone for 13 months. Verizonicon told me to bring it in (about 1 1/2 hours away) to have them flash to the new software version, I doubt that it will work. I think it is hardware. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
    Shane

Phone(s)
    LG EV 3
    LG 5200
    LG vx 10
    net 10
    Provider(s)
    VZw

Default Re: VX6100 Screen Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Snowboard3r

Has anyone had any screen display problems with the VX6100? About two weeks ago the display would be scrambled, but all it would take is shutting the flip phone and reopening it and it would be back to normal. The other day driving home I got a call and when I picked it up the outside display was blank and so was the inside display. I can make and recieve calls, but no display. Everyonce in a while when you open it the main display will show up inside, either it will be scrambled, white, or show up normal. But the outside little window won't work at all just white. I have had this phone for 13 months. Verizonicon told me to bring it in (about 1 1/2 hours away) to have them flash to the new software version, I doubt that it will work. I think it is hardware. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
    Shane
    I would go directly to the service manager and show them that it is a mechanical problem with the Flip. This may save time loading the S/w. If you don't have insurance or extended warranty, you can offer to pay $50.. for a FRU. That is a factory refurb.
    Phones before cellular existed ( IMTS) car phones; 1977, Motorola Pulsar 1, (with a dial) 1982 Motorola Pulsar 2.

Phone(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Provider(s)
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Images

Default Re: VX6100 Screen Problems

If you're really nice about it, they might just go ahead and exchange it for a FRU anyways- that's what they did on my VX6000 that was over a year old...they did it without much talking.

Thread Information