Getting started in Climbing Towers

Hello good friends. I have a question about getting into climbing towers. I'll start off by telling you all that I ...

I have arrived!

Default Getting started in Climbing Towers

Hello good friends. I have a question about getting into climbing towers. I'll start off by telling you all that I have been climbing all my life, whether it is rock, trees, buildings, misc structures, anything. I love heights and would like to get paid for my climbing. I also love traveling and seeing the nation/world. I have a dilema though at this point in my life. I'm 25, in great shape, but I have 2 dwi's. I know that sounds bad, but you must believe me when I say that those do not reflect my work ethic nor my will to work. I currently work for my University where I take advantage of their setup for full time employees, which is where they pay 90% of my tuition as so I can go to school. Now I'm at a point in my life where school isn't entirely what I want to do. So what my question to you all is, is having 2 dwi's on my record going to effect whether or not I get hired? I have been living with this guilt and can not describe how much I have learned in the past 3 years regarding making wise decisions. I am not the same person that received those years ago. I am very interested in joining the cell tower climbing community and would very much feel grateful to any company that would hire me. Thank you to all who reads this. I look forward to reading your responses.

Resident Spamslayer Jay2TheRescue's Avatar
    Phone(s)
    HTC Vivid LTE
    Moto V551, iPAQ 6515
    Western Electric 302, 500
    Ericsson Ericophone
    Provider(s)
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Devices
    Zune 30gb & way too many BT devices to list
    Images

Default Re: Getting started in Climbing Towers

I do not recommend climbing any cell phone towers unless you're looking to spend a few days in jail, or it is part of your employment through either a tower company or cellular provider.
    http://www.speedtest.net/android/256739406.png

I have arrived!
    Threadstarter

Sooo are you saying that having 2 dwi's on my driving record shouldn't effect my chances of getting hired to climb cell towers?

Resident Spamslayer Jay2TheRescue's Avatar
    Phone(s)
    HTC Vivid LTE
    Moto V551, iPAQ 6515
    Western Electric 302, 500
    Ericsson Ericophone
    Provider(s)
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Devices
    Zune 30gb & way too many BT devices to list
    Images

Its totally up to whoever's hiring you. Chances are if you have recent DWI's that means that they probably won't let you drive one of their trucks, so chances are you probably won't get hired.
    http://www.speedtest.net/android/256739406.png

WA's 1st retired mod KevinJames's Avatar
    Phone(s)
    Samsung Note3
    Provider(s)
    AT&T
    Devices
    Plantronics Discovery925, Garmin Nuvi 660

The next time you see a carrier's truck parked alongside the road, pull over and ask them. Although, most likely, they'll refer you to their employer's website, which is always a good place to start to at least find out the qualifications. Personally, I'd like to be one of those guys that drives around with all the equipment in a vehicle testing signal and such. But you need radio knowledge for that. Its not just walking around saying "can you hear me now?"

Thread Information