Wirefly Rebates are a scam!

BUYERS BEWARE**** Rebate Hoax**** On Jan 20, 2006 I purchased two Motorolla Razr V3 phones and a T-Mobile subscription from www.Wirefly.com ...

I made my first post!

Angry Re: Wirefly Rebates are a scam!

BUYERS BEWARE**** Rebate Hoax**** On Jan 20, 2006 I purchased two Motorolla Razr V3 phones and a T-Mobileicon subscription from www.Wirefly.com and was promised two $90 customer appreciation rebates (one for each phone) if I follow all the requrements for the submission. I meticulously followed their instructions, that is waited for 60 days after activation, filled in all the necessary paper work and included copies of the bills and UPC barcodes and sent my rebate submissions. They provided web site address www.cellphonerebates.com where the status of the rebate could be checked.

After about 3 weeks from my submission of the rebate I check the site and found that my submissions were registered and assigned sumbission id. It also said that the submissions were being processed. I checked the site from time to time and always got the same message about my rebate status "We have received your submission and it is being processed".

In the rebate form it was written that the checks would be mailed within 150 days from activation date or 10 weeks of their receipt of the completed rebate form. After all the deadlines passed I sent an e-mail asking about my rebate status and even got a response from them reassuring me that the rebates were approved but they couldn't say when the checks would be mailed. I waited and checked their site patiently until one day when I found that there is no track of my submissions on their redesigned site. By the way, the new site does not provide any contact information or e-mail forms to inquire about the rebate status. I called (866) 800-4303 - the contact No. on the rebate form - the recording prompted me to call (866) 607 9877 which was constantly busy and on Wirefly web site they do not deal with rebates and send you to cellphonerebates.com. I tried to call them but was told the same thing, that is to check on-line.
    Thus, after 6 months, I still haven't received my rebates and they have not responded to my inquiries. Clearly this website is conducting a SCAM and they are RIPPING OFF innocent buyers like me.

Resident Spamslayer Jay2TheRescue's Avatar
    Phone(s)
    HTC Vivid LTE
    Moto V551, iPAQ 6515
    Western Electric 302, 500
    Ericsson Ericophone
    Provider(s)
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Devices
    Zune 30gb & way too many BT devices to list
    Images

Default Re: Wirefly Rebates are a scam!

Quote Originally Posted by adelle5039
    BUYERS BEWARE**** Rebate Hoax**** On Jan 20, 2006 I purchased two Motorolla Razr V3 phones and a T-Mobileicon subscription from www.Wirefly.com and was promised two $90 customer appreciation rebates (one for each phone) if I follow all the requrements for the submission. I meticulously followed their instructions, that is waited for 60 days after activation, filled in all the necessary paper work and included copies of the bills and UPC barcodes and sent my rebate submissions. They provided web site address www.cellphonerebates.com where the status of the rebate could be checked.

After about 3 weeks from my submission of the rebate I check the site and found that my submissions were registered and assigned sumbission id. It also said that the submissions were being processed. I checked the site from time to time and always got the same message about my rebate status "We have received your submission and it is being processed".

In the rebate form it was written that the checks would be mailed within 150 days from activation date or 10 weeks of their receipt of the completed rebate form. After all the deadlines passed I sent an e-mail asking about my rebate status and even got a response from them reassuring me that the rebates were approved but they couldn't say when the checks would be mailed. I waited and checked their site patiently until one day when I found that there is no track of my submissions on their redesigned site. By the way, the new site does not provide any contact information or e-mail forms to inquire about the rebate status. I called (866) 800-4303 - the contact No. on the rebate form - the recording prompted me to call (866) 607 9877 which was constantly busy and on Wirefly web site they do not deal with rebates and send you to cellphonerebates.com. I tried to call them but was told the same thing, that is to check on-line.
    Thus, after 6 months, I still haven't received my rebates and they have not responded to my inquiries. Clearly this website is conducting a SCAM and they are RIPPING OFF innocent buyers like me.
    This doesn't suprise me. Mostly they rely on people forgetting to send in the rebate forms after they've had the phones a few months though.

-Jay
    http://www.speedtest.net/android/256739406.png

Default President's office has been helpful

There are a couple of people at the Office of the President who are apparently much more helpful than the regular customer service people. You might want to try them. One of the women is ddennis @inphonic. Try her. alot of people say she helped them.

Shoulda joined long ago!

Hey, I've been seeing a new phone number being posted by an InPhonic Office of the President guy on other forums... 866-607-9877. It might be worth a try.

Phone(s)
    Blackberry 8830
    Provider(s)
    Sprint

my uncle got 2 Motorolaicon V180 with 2yr T-Mobileicon contract.........49.99.......500 minutes.......older plan........they sent in their forms as requested and they got their rebates........you should call them and give them the confirmation code.........they must keep record of complete ones as well as ones that have been incorrectly processed....on top of ones that are pending

I made my first post!

I bought in November 2005, and my rebate was to be sent in 180 days after the activation date. I followed all the instructions, and was dismayed when I saw that when I visited the site recently, it posted the message about them reprocessing all the rebate claims and having it take longer. I was supposed to have received my rebate at about this time.

Anyways, I just called the 866 number shown above, and after waiting a while on the phone, I got a nice lady who asked me my zip code, last name and address, and then found my three rebate submissions. She then very quickly told me that the checks will be mailed in 5-10 business days! WOW! I was almost in disbelief due to the reports I had read about.

We'll see if the checks come, but I was encouraged when I visited the website again, and instead of the message about reprocessing, I was greeted with the message "Claim Approved" for each of the three rebates.

I think they've been getting their act together after all the complaints raised against them. Only time will tell, I suppose...

I made my first post!

Had the same experience.

Bought last Oct.

Mailed in 180 days later.

Tracked on website.

Just called number above, talked to "Casandra" (wouldn't give last name) and she said all 4 have been approved and will be shipped within 5-10 business days.

I will believe it when I see it.

BZ

I made my first post!

I too have been and am being ripped off by Wireflyicon an agent for Verizonicon..

I suggest we contact a LAWYER who has been successful in CLASS ACTION cases..I would be agreeable to receiving 50% ($75.00) of the $150 rebate to just make sure this group is identified for what they are: People and companies who do NOT keep their side of the written agreement. Such auditable trails should be attached to companies who use this venue to capture 10's of MILLIONS of dollars + 10% INTEREST for 6-??? Months...THIS IS BIG BUCKS!

I also suggest we contact as many other forums as possible and get the WORD out, perhaps a LAWYER will contact us?

I have already stated my complaints to:
    www.ripoffreport.com
    A service of badbusinessbureau.com

I am [email protected]...I

Keep in-Touch...I have kept all documents including U.S. Mail identification that my forms and ALL attachments which were required were received at the address specified on the REBATE FORM...

Sincerely,

DGRickman

I was going to go through Wireflyicon until I did some research and only read bad things.

I have arrived!

Thumbs up Wirefly - cellphonerebates.com Scams Lawsuit

For those, like me, who have not gotten their rebates after following the rules: Here's a bit of news:

DCís AG Sues Popular Wireless Marketer

Washington, DC - Attorney General Robert J. Spagnoletti announced today that the District has filed a consumer protection lawsuit against InPhonic, Inc., ("InPhonic") -- a DC based business that sells wireless phones and plans to consumers across the country. The District alleges that InPhonic fails to clearly disclose how difficult it is for consumers to meet its rebate conditions and that many consumers are unable to obtain promised savings.

see full text at:

http://www.oag.dc.gov/occ/cwp/view,a...v_GID,1521.asp

I also advise you to write and complain to Inphonic (aka firefly) Their stock symbol is INPC. Also, go to Yahoo finance and place messages on the bulleting boards. This company has fooled a lot of people. Time to reap what they sow.

Power to the consumer.

Phone(s)
    Nokia 6265i
    Provider(s)
    US Cellular

We just had out T-Mobileicon guys down from Chicago and they warned us about this scam. A lot of people will come in and want us to match internet pricing. This is one reason we will not do that. While my opinion may be a bit biased, I think in most cases you are better off doing business with a local vendor you can go to if you have problems. While that is not a guarantee of great customer service, at least you have a person you can go face to face with rather than an email address. You may save $50 going on the internet, but it probably doesn't look like such a good deal now.

I made my first post!

Thumbs up Re: Wirefly Rebates are a scam!

I too fell under this scam when I purchased a cellphone from Wireflyicon last September (2006). I made numerous phone calls to the company and they kept telling me stuff like "we're changing the company so you'll get it soon...we lost your paper work...it's on it's way...etc...". Well, my rebate never came and never came and I started to get irritated. As I went through the ring-around with the company about my rebate, I researched on the internet and learned that many other people have been scammed by this company (Wireflyicon, cellphonerebates.com,...). CRAP! I hate getting screwed out of things like that!
    Well, I got my rebate...this is how: I called the company up (800# in my emails from them) on Aug. 6. The phone call went something like this:

ME: I'm inquiring about my rebate

CUSTOMER SERVICE: I have here that it's on it's way

ME: Okay, that's what you've told me that last 2 times I've called and I don't believe you that it's on the way. What is the address of your corporate headquarters because I'm taking you to small claims court and suing you if I don't receive my rebate by August 31.

The customer service rep gave me that address and obvious put in the system that I was planning on suing the company for the $200 rebate because I received my checks on Sept 1! I got my checks just from the threat of a lawsuit.

If youíve been screwed by this company, threaten them with a small claims lawsuit and ask for the corporate address (be sure to give them a deadline). If you donít receive a check from them by your set deadline, then go down to your local courthouse and fill out a small claims form. Itís really easy to do and wirefly will have to pay for the court fees.

I made my first post!

Quote Originally Posted by mec001 View Post
    I bought in November 2005, and my rebate was to be sent in 180 days after the activation date. I followed all the instructions, and was dismayed when I saw that when I visited the site recently, it posted the message about them reprocessing all the rebate claims and having it take longer. I was supposed to have received my rebate at about this time.

Anyways, I just called the 866 number shown above, and after waiting a while on the phone, I got a nice lady who asked me my zip code, last name and address, and then found my three rebate submissions. She then very quickly told me that the checks will be mailed in 5-10 business days! WOW! I was almost in disbelief due to the reports I had read about.

We'll see if the checks come, but I was encouraged when I visited the website again, and instead of the message about reprocessing, I was greeted with the message "Claim Approved" for each of the three rebates.

I think they've been getting their act together after all the complaints raised against them. Only time will tell, I suppose...
    i purchased my phones the same time as the above did. I followed the rebate submittal instructions to the letter. And sent them in on time. Which by the way was back in June. Anyway as you all know it didnt come right away. I checked the website to look for my claim and it didnt show up. so i called several times. a couple times the number didnt work. or it told me to check the website. anyway i finally got someone on the phone. she asked me all kind of questions, but was trying to help (it seems) she told me that someone will personally check up on my claim and call me back. which never happend. in the mean time i checked my status of the rebates online, and it showed up all four of them. status was pending. then about 2 weeks ago i got my checks all of them.

i cashed them right away.

then a couple days ago i get this letter saying that my claims were invalid, something about not having the activation dates clearly marked. I was laughing so hard i cried. i even checked the website and the status was changed to denied.

it seems that they just spit out these refusal letters no matter what you do. My suggestion is make sure your submittal is in order. dont give them an excuse to trash your claim.

I made my first post!

I purchased a Motorolaicon E815 for Verizonicon Wireless from Mobiledia, which was activated September 2005. It came with forms for two rebates, $125 and $75. I followed all of the instructions and sent the forms to their claims department in early April 2006, within the 150 to 210 day after activation window. Well, after 6 months and no rebate, I checked the "cellphonerebates.com" website and it said one of the two rebates was being processed. I e-mailed "[email protected]" on August 31st, and she replied within a few days that "both rebates had been approved and the checks would be sent out on the next processing run within 7-10 days". Needless to say, I wasn't holding my breath. Well, another month passed, but then last week I was pleasantly surpised to find both checks in the mail! I'm sure they bank on most people forgetting to apply for the rebate, violating one of the "fine print" clauses, or just not following up. But if you pursue it, it looks like you will eventually get your rebate.

Resident Spamslayer Jay2TheRescue's Avatar
    Phone(s)
    HTC Vivid LTE
    Moto V551, iPAQ 6515
    Western Electric 302, 500
    Ericsson Ericophone
    Provider(s)
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Devices
    Zune 30gb & way too many BT devices to list
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by beezer26 View Post
    I purchased a Motorolaicon E815 for Verizonicon Wireless from Mobiledia, which was activated September 2005. It came with forms for two rebates, $125 and $75. I followed all of the instructions and sent the forms to their claims department in early April 2006, within the 150 to 210 day after activation window. Well, after 6 months and no rebate, I checked the "cellphonerebates.com" website and it said one of the two rebates was being processed. I e-mailed "[email protected]" on August 31st, and she replied within a few days that "both rebates had been approved and the checks would be sent out on the next processing run within 7-10 days". Needless to say, I wasn't holding my breath. Well, another month passed, but then last week I was pleasantly surpised to find both checks in the mail! I'm sure they bank on most people forgetting to apply for the rebate, violating one of the "fine print" clauses, or just not following up. But if you pursue it, it looks like you will eventually get your rebate.
    You are correct. I think its something like 90% of people forget to send in the rebate forms months after they buy the phones.

-Jay
    http://www.speedtest.net/android/256739406.png

Thread Information