VZW text message problems

I cannot send text messages with my phone or with my wife's phone. I am using the SE T61c and she ...

Phone(s)
    Apple iPhone 5s
    Provider(s)
    at&t
    Images

Default VZW text message problems

I cannot send text messages with my phone or with my wife's phone. I am using the SE T61c and she has a v60i. With the v60i I get an "unable to send" message, but with my phone I get no such error message, though I am led to believe it is not working because no one I have sent messages to has received them from me.

I would like to avoid having to go into the Verizonicon store for a fix if possible for a few reasons: 1) I hate waiting an hour for customer service, 2) they never carried the SE T61c at any corporate stores, so I know (due to a 270c issue I had earlier) they won't know what to do with my phone, and I am guessing neither will telephone CS. 3) my car is buried in snow.

I can receive text messages without a problem.

If anyone has had a similar problem and could detail what they did to fix it, I would appreciate it!

Phone(s)
    Motorola
    Provider(s)
    VZW

Text to an email to check, does your wife's phone recieve text messages? What part of Columbus?

Big Meanie
    Threadstarter
    Phone(s)
    Apple iPhone 5s
    Provider(s)
    at&t
    Images

Yes, if I send the text from my phone to my email address it works. My wife gets the text messages when I send them from the Verizonicon webpage (so do I), but not when I send them to her from my phone. I don't mess with her phone as much, because she has no messaging plan, but I am on the unlimited promotion. (I'm special!) So the only problem is I can't seem to send them to other phones. Have you sent text to Sprinticon people? THe VZW CS said it would work, I thought maybe that was my problem, as most of my friends use Sprinticon, but since my wife doesn't get them from me and can't send them from her phone, I don't know what is up.

I am on the east side, right between Whitehall and Reynoldsburg, just north of the 270/70 interchange.

Phone(s)
    Motorola
    Provider(s)
    VZW

That is very odd, I have sent text messages to two people using Sprinticon. One to my Mom who has a phone from her work and another to a friend on some kind of share plan. My friend got mad because they charged her a dollar for receiving a single text message. If you want to try a text to another VZW phone let me know because I have the unlimited promotion too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'm special too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Big Meanie
    Threadstarter
    Phone(s)
    Apple iPhone 5s
    Provider(s)
    at&t
    Images

Actually, if you wouldn't mind sending me a message and then I could try to reply? I have tried sending messages to my wife with and without the 614 area code on her number and to my old roommate in Tempe with a 1-480-xxx-xxxx and just the 480 trying to get it to work. If I can reply to your message that might at least narrow down the problem. contact me at and I will send you my cell #

Phone(s)
    Motorola
    Provider(s)
    VZW

sure thing

Phone(s)
    Motorola
    Provider(s)
    VZW

Got your message, sent a reply... let me know if you get it

Go Bucks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Phone(s)
    LG Vx8100
    LG VX6000;6100
    Motorola V60c;V60p
    Nokia 8260, 3390
    Provider(s)
    Verizon

You might want to just call CS. I had a friend that had the same problem w/ Verizonicon. He had a SMS block on his account from a few years ago. So, if you have been a customer for a while you might have the same problem.

Phone(s)
    Samsung E105
    Provider(s)
    T-Mobile

I'm in the Columbus area too, and last week txt msg's seemed a little flakey. My girlfriend and I send a ton of messages between her V60i and my V60i/Timeport, and a few that we sent out last week never got to the other end. If you either of you want to do a test, just shoot me an email at [email protected].

Phone(s)
    Motorola
    Provider(s)
    VZW

Thans for the offer Vtec but I already swapped text messages with Matt and it worked ok. I think he is still having issues with Sprinticon and with his wife's V60.

Oh by the way Vtecs are slow [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] just playing

Big Meanie
    Threadstarter
    Phone(s)
    Apple iPhone 5s
    Provider(s)
    at&t
    Images

Thanks for the offer VTECH.

I don't know whats going on with my wife's phone. Maybe it is just mad at her because she never uses it. Why she *had* to have the v60 (back when they were $250 w/ 1yr contract) I will never know. My sister out in Oregon sent me an email last night and she recently switched to Verizonicon from Sprinticon, so I sent her a text message and she got it.

Still don't know why Sprinticon people aren't getting my messages...if VZW text messaging was messed up last week that might explain it, though maybe it is Sprint's fault. Yeah, that has to be it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Phone(s)
    Samsung E105
    Provider(s)
    T-Mobile

I haven't been able to send messages to Sprinticon users, either. I was able to send and recieve from a Cingular user though, which I wasn't expecting to work.

Craptain - I'm very much aware. But I also get 400mi to a tank ;-)

I have a weird title! Karlos2121's Avatar
    Phone(s)
    Samsung SCH-A930
    Provider(s)
    Verizon
    Devices
    iPod

Default Re: VZW text message problems

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi77
    You might want to just call CS. I had a friend that had the same problem w/ Verizonicon. He had a SMS block on his account from a few years ago. So, if you have been a customer for a while you might have the same problem.
    This probably explains my problem...

I found this website while searching for anwers to this problem.

I had a Samsung SCH-A670 and was unable to text out to the other phone (same model) on my plan (fiance's phone). I was able to receive texts fine. I've been with Verizonicon for 4+ yrs now....When we first got the phones (summer of 04) there were no problems...Then several months ago, I was unable to send any text out, to anyone.

The messages just get saved in my "sent box".

My fiance now has an LG VX7000 and I now have the Samsung SCH-A930. Still my outgoing texts do not "leave" my phone. The LG can send & receive all the PIX/TXT messages no problem (my fiance's best friend is currently in school in Oregon, and they text all the time).

I've send an email to the Cust. Support via the Verisonwireless.com website. I have yet to hear back. If I don't hear back soon ( a day) I'll call them probably.

Did anyone else "sending text" problems get solved?

Like someone else said, I would rather not go in to the verizon office as everytime I'm there, i'd have to wait hours to get to the front of the line....

I have a weird title! Karlos2121's Avatar
    Phone(s)
    Samsung SCH-A930
    Provider(s)
    Verizon
    Devices
    iPod

Verizonicon emailed me back and fixed the outgoing text message problem I had. I didn't expect a reply within 24 hrs, so I was surprised.

Here's what was written to me:

Thank you for contacting Verizonicon Wireless through our website.

Ok, at this time I did notice some provisioning that was not correct, you should
    be able to send txt msg's now.

We appreciate you taking the time to contact us, and thank you for choosing
    Verizon Wireless. Should you have additional questions or concerns, please
    reply to this e-mail.

Sincerely,

Robert
    Verizon Wireless
    Customer Service
    Problem solved

Posting up a storm!

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos2121
    Verizonicon emailed me back and fixed the outgoing text message problem I had. I didn't expect a reply within 24 hrs, so I was surprised.
    Thanks for all the info. I may suggest this to my sister, who cannot get pictures off her e815 (SMS and MMS fail). A TransFlash memory card from Staples fix it for now...

Thread Information