What companies use Verizon Towers?

I live in a small central IL town (Mackinaw). I currently have Cingular and cannot make a call from home. Last ...

Fresh Member

Default What companies use Verizon Towers?

I live in a small central IL town (Mackinaw). I currently have Cingular and cannot make a call from home. Last year a Verizonicon tower was installed in town. I am considering switching service to Verizonicon so I can use my phone at home. I am wondering what other companies also use Verizon towers, so I can evaluate their plans.

Thanks
    Chris

Phone(s)
    Moto Razr
    Provider(s)
    Alltel/Verizon

Default Re: What companies use Verizon Towers?

Not exactly sure what your asking. Are you inquiring who co-locates on Verizonicon towers or curious who roams on Verizonicon's system in your area? If Verizon did in fact put a site up near your home they would probably be a good option for you.

Phone(s)
    Apple iPhone 5s
    Provider(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Devices
    Slingbox HD;Kenwood DNX9960;Verizon 4G iPad 3
    Images

I think Chris611 wants to know who roams on Verizonicon's towers in Central Illinois....but I may be wrong.

Usually Alltel roams on Verizonicon, and in some markets Sprinticon roams on them....but I am not sure about the other roaming partners.

Hopefully someone familiar with the area can confirm the partners that roam on Verizon.
    My Carriers:

Cellular One (TDMA) [1999-2000]>>AT&T (TDMA) [2000-2001]>>Cingular (TDMA) [2001-2003]>>Sprint [2003-2005]>>Verizon Wireless [2005 to present]>>Sprint SERO [2006-2008]>>AT&T [2008 to 2009]

Fresh Member
    Threadstarter

Thanks guys.

Yes, I was looking to see who roams on Verizonicon's towers. I worry that if Altel is roaming on the tower, and it happens to get a signal from it's home network, if it will not switch over to roam on the local tower?

Thanks
    Chris

Phone(s)
    Voyager VX-10000
    Samsung Juke U-470
    Nokia 6236i
    2128i
    Provider(s)
    VZW
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Chris611
    Thanks guys.

Yes, I was looking to see who roams on Verizonicon's towers. I worry that if Altel is roaming on the tower, and it happens to get a signal from it's home network, if it will not switch over to roam on the local tower?

Thanks
    Chris
    Phones favor their home carrier, so if your phone can lock onto 1 bar (or less!) of Sprinticon, Alltel ect "home" signal, that VZW tower will be of no use.
    Your best bet for no problems in your area would be to get Verizon, if you are sure they are the only carrier with a close tower in your area.
    Take a close look at the tower to see if another companies panels are also co-located on the tower (usually another set would be 6 to 25 feet or so below the VZW panels), & you may have another choice.

Phone(s)
    Nokia 6256i
    (retired) Motorola V120c
    Timeport 270c
    Nokia 252 (Airtouch)
    Provider(s)
    Verizon Wireless

Thumbs up Re: What companies use Verizon Towers?

Anyone who is a CDMA provider will usally roam on Verizonicon network. So US Cellular, Sprinticon PCS, Alltel, and many others will.
    In your area Alltel does not have a license, so no network nor a local phone number can be done.
    Sprinticon PCS is in your area, if you choose Free and Clear you can roam on Verizonicon.
    US Cellular is the A block provider and Verizon the B block provider for Cellular in your area.
    if you get a regoinal plan with US Cellular you can roam on Verizon.
    Looks like you are near the boarder between US Cellular's Cellular and PCS networks you where. US Cellular's PCS network is east of where you live.

Verizon rarely does Co-locate for various reasons, but still does it. If the tower is owned by a tower rental company like American Tower or Crown Castel, Verizon will put there equipment on it and so will others. If that tower is owned by Verizon I will give it 20% chance Sprint or others are on it.

Thread Information