Block incoming call & texts from certain number

I am an AT&T customer with a LG VU & LG shine phone. How do I block incoming calls & texts ...

I'm new here

Default Block incoming call & texts from certain number

I am an AT&Ticon customer with a LG VU & LG shine phone. How do I block incoming calls & texts from a certain Sprinticon cell phone number. I went to settings, then call, then call reject list and put the contact their but it did prevent them from calling or texting me. PLEASE HELP

Phone(s)
    Galaxy S4 GE
    Galaxy Nexus
    Nokia N8
    Sony Ericsson K850i
    Provider(s)
    AT&T; T-Mobile To Go; MTS; e-kit
    Devices
    Palm TX, PRS-950, Kobo Aura HD

Default Re: Block incoming call & texts from certain number

Naturally AT&Ticon would like you to pay for that option — they offer SmartLimits for Wireless service that allows that. Other than that I'm not sure what you can do for texts, for calls you may be able to assign a silent ringer to it and thus ignore it easily.

I made my first post!

i thought there was a spot that you can log into your account on their site and do that. am i wrong??

would be nice to have it ignore it or automatically respond with a custom reply.

Phone(s)
    Nokia E7, E70-2 & 6820
    SE W518a & W580i
    Provider(s)
    at&t

Quote Originally Posted by texguy302 View Post
    i thought there was a spot that you can log into your account on their site and do that. am i wrong??

would be nice to have it ignore it or automatically respond with a custom reply.
    You may be thinking of "Messaging Preferences" - but that doesn't apply to simple SMS - you can block SMS to e-mail from specified domains.

YouMail (and there is another one that I've seen people say they like better recently) has a "DitchMail" feature that will do what you suggest regarding the custom reply to blocked callers; but I don't think it works for SMS from them either. (And you do pay for the call forwarding to forward your voice mail to a non-at&t voice mail number.)
    ' I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. ' - Robert McCloskey

I made my first post!

Quote Originally Posted by mac1273 View Post
    I am an AT&Ticon customer with a LG VU & LG shine phone. How do I block incoming calls & texts from a certain Sprinticon cell phone number. I went to settings, then call, then call reject list and put the contact their but it did prevent them from calling or texting me. PLEASE HELP
    I did the same thing that you did and I have not got another call, and it seems to have worked, I also have a LG VU

Thread Information