AirPrint without Wi-Fi HP printer

I just downloaded Printopia so that I can print wirelessly from my iPhone 4 to my Canon non wifi printer. Apple's ...

Phone(s)
    iPhone 5S Space Grey Ulck
    iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, 3G
    Nokia 6131 Nokia 6230
    Provider(s)
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    Devices
    IPad Mini & Retina, MBP, iMac, Dell, AppleTV

Default AirPrint without Wi-Fi HP printer

I just downloaded Printopia so that I can print wirelessly from my iPhone 4 to my Canon non wifi printer.

Apple's AirPrint only works with HP 'enabled' wifi printers. The claim is that it cannot work with usb printers hooked up to a router (in my case an AirPort Extreme). I was calling 'BS' on that one...

Previously I used other appls that direct iPhone 4 print jobs through my mac - but I had you use that appls browser or email program.

Was thinking about a new printer - then I found this - Printopia - AirPrint to Any Printer - Print from iPad - Print from iPhone - Ecamm Network

Installed it and it will print from the iPhone 4 (3GS) directly from Safari, native mail, and photos to any printer attached to a mac or a printer usb attached to a router.

works flawlessly and saved myself at least $99 and up for a new printer. Even 'prints' to dropbox.com or just to a 'save to my mac' folder.

Prints in background too, so no wasted time..also does double sided printing.

thought to share. 1 second to install - perfectly....no windows version though
    Last edited by viewfly; 03-07-2011 at 8:10 PM.

Thread Information