Problems with Weatherbug for Android

I had to uninstall Weatherbug (free version) today because they've done some update that's rendered it unusable. The current location temperature ...

Phone(s)
    HTC Droid DNA
    Provider(s)
    Verizon Wireless (since 1994)

Thumbs down Problems with Weatherbug for Android

I had to uninstall Weatherbug (free version) today because they've done some update that's rendered it unusable.

The current location temperature shows on the top notification bar. Today all it would do is show the "loading data" icon. When dropping down the notification bar and tapping the Weatherbug link, it does nothing. Before, it would launch Weatherbug.

I didn't find out something was wrong with it until I went to the Android store to uninstall and reinstall it (hoping it might fix the problem). It was then I read users comments remarking about the same issues.

Have any of you with any version of Weatherbug for Android had the same problem? Is it just affecting the free version?
    Last edited by M in LA; 02-25-2011 at 7:39 PM.
    PacTel Cellular (1994) became AIRTOUCH (1994-2000) which became verizonwireless (2000-Present)

Phone(s)
    iPhone 5s
    Moto X
    Nokia Asha 311
    Provider(s)
    at&t/Docomo/Airtel
    Devices
    iPad Air
    Images

Default Re: Problems with Weatherbug for Android

Mike, I use the free version but I do not use the temperature on the notification bar option, only use the notifican bar for alerts.

I use the widget on one of my home screens and that is working fine.

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-ca; SonyEricssonX10a Build/2.1.A.0.435) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

Super Moderator
    Threadstarter
    Phone(s)
    HTC Droid DNA
    Provider(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Charlyee View Post
    Mike, I use the free version but I do not use the temperature on the notification bar option, only use the notifican bar for alerts.

I use the widget on one of my home screens and that is working fine.

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-ca; SonyEricssonX10a Build/2.1.A.0.435) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17
    Since my home screens are pretty busy, I use only the icon on the notification bar, so that's probably where the new update bug is. It's been working fine for the past 3 months I've had it.

I'm going to keep an eye on user comments for the program before reinstalling it. At least I know the screen widget is working. Thanks Charlyee.
    PacTel Cellular (1994) became AIRTOUCH (1994-2000) which became verizonwireless (2000-Present)

Phone(s)
    Nokia Lumia 1520
    Provider(s)
    AT&T
    Devices
    Nexus 7 LTE
    Images

I noticed my widget wasn't updating a few days ago, but seems fine now. I don't use the temp in the notification bar, and I have the paid version.

Phone(s)
    iPhone 5s
    Moto X
    Nokia Asha 311
    Provider(s)
    at&t/Docomo/Airtel
    Devices
    iPad Air
    Images

Mike, I just enabled the temperature for the notification bar and it is working for me.

Super Moderator
    Threadstarter
    Phone(s)
    HTC Droid DNA
    Provider(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Charlyee View Post
    Mike, I just enabled the temperature for the notification bar and it is working for me.

It initially worked for me first thing this morning when I powered my phone on (I turn it off at night to save battery). Early this afternoon, when I refreshed it, it wouldn't work right.

I rebooted the phone and it still wouldn't update the temperature in the notification bar. It might be a problem for Verizonicon phones, or just some Android phones. I'll re-install it and see what happens. I'll report back the results.

UPDATE: I reinstalled it and it is now working properly. The temp shows up on the notification bar, and when I select it from the notification drop-down, it opens the program. It wasn't doing this earlier. It was freezing and crashing. Hopefully it stays working...

Phone(s)
    Bionic - Rooted
    Provider(s)
    Verizon

I have the paid version, and I too noticed for a few days that it appeared not be updating correctly. I am thinking there was a problem with the app. In my case I use the WB Map widget which should update every 3 hours, it wasn't, but that problem seems to have corrected itself.

Super Moderator
    Threadstarter
    Phone(s)
    HTC Droid DNA
    Provider(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulmac View Post
    I have the paid version, and I too noticed for a few days that it appeared not be updating correctly. I am thinking there was a problem with the app. In my case I use the WB Map widget which should update every 3 hours, it wasn't, but that problem seems to have corrected itself.
    I only had trouble on the 25th. It was acting up something fierce that morning. Once I reinstalled it, it's been fine ever since. Not quite sure what happened, whether it was on Weatherbug's side, or a glitch in the app? I'm just glad it's working properly again.

Thread Information